single session RDC

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion single session RDC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I’ve been trying to find a solution to my problem for months without any success and then i found this site and maybe someone here can help me  🙂

I simply have a vista computer that i use as a kind of server. It’s connected to my TV and I control it by RDC and playing music and doing all the usual stuff is working great but;  I want to have the active user shown on the TV(so i simply can show movies and such on my TV).

When i connect to the computer with RDC the local monitor or TV gets kicked out to loginscreen which (strangely enough) prevents me from watching a movie on the TV.

I’ve read a lot about concurrent RDC but if i logon on another user, sure the local monitor or TV wont show the loginscreen but still not the VLC window or the RDC view.(I read the article about  concurrent RDC in vista that came up recently).

Well the first taught was that the solution to my problem was VNC, but it isn’t, at least in my case. It should do exactly what i want but i can’t get it work. I  get the “Connection fail” all the time(It establish the connection but i get the error when it tries to show the picture). It’s a known problem but it seems there isn’t a solution on that either.

Summery:

Is there anyway to make RDC single session-ed? (Like VNC). Or does someone have a easier way of doing what i want to do?

I hope I’ve brought enough information for you to understand my situation.

I’m thankful for all responses!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.