SageTV and Java error message

Home Forums Home Theater Computers SageTV and Java error message

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Yesterday, I encountered yet another problem with my HTPC.  While trying to watch football on the digital channels, I kept encountering a problem where playback would just freeze at some point.  Sometimes I could hit “stop” on the remote and it would go back to the main menu and some times it took it a while.  The “REC” box at the top right-hand screen would not be there, but when I went in to the program guide to the game I was watching I would see that it still had “REC” beside the name of the program.  When I tried to hit “Watch now”, it would start playback from the beginning and would freeze at the same point.  Each time this happened I had to restart the computer and THEN I could watch the channel I wanted to…until the problem happened again.  At first I thought it was a signal issue, but I wasn’t having problems on my DirecTV receiver on OTA.  With signal issues, it’s not hard to get back out of where I’m at or choose another channel.  Sometimes I got some kind of Java error message, but sometimes I did not.  Late in the afternoon I got the idea to update Java, so I did.  I thought I had fixed the problem and watched several minutes of the Giants – Cowboys game before the freeze happened again.  At that point I just gave up and cut it off and watched OTA on the DirecTV receiver the rest of the night.  Anyone else with Sage encountered this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.