Ripping software help!!!

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Ripping software help!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I have several DVDs from my father of old 8mm home movies that my brother wants me to duplicate for him.  The DVDs were sampled, burnt by a local shop that said we could duplicate them as much as we wanted. They’re not copy protected at all.  One of the discs has one spot with a corrupted Video_Ts file “CRC checksum error” in only one spot that DVD shrink keeps hanging up on.  Nero also hangs up on it. when trying to play back the DVD, Zoom Player hangs up on payback when you get that point as well.  Power DVD stutters, pauses but eventually plays past the defect point.  This happens on 4 different machines w/ the same software at the same point so it’s not a problem w/ HW, OS or ripping/playing software.
    QUESTION????  I there any ripping software that can clean up or repair this one single CRC check sum error?  Will rip to an Mpg file while ignoring the checksum error so I can edit out the bad segment of the file?? or any thing else that can get me past this one corrupted spot on this one disc??
    Put on your thinking caps… I banged my head for 4 hrs last night trying to find a way to get something extracted from this DVD with no luck.  My only other thought was to play back the DVD using Power DVD on one machine while resampling with a second (this of course would take of 2hrs to do, my Father took allot of 8mm home movies).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.