Review: S1Digital 100 Disk Blu-ray Changer

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Review: S1Digital 100 Disk Blu-ray Changer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mikinho
    Participant

[url=http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4820&Itemid=236]Original Article Link[/url]

While I’m glad to see they dropped the price from the original $1,499.00 to $1,000.00, I still don’t see the point.  My two issues with it:

1- Assuming each Blu-ray is the full 50GB (the average is closer to 30GB) that is ~5TB.  So ~$150 per 2TB green drive x3 is $450.  The $550 saved would be better served in additional storage and\or a nice WHS. 

Granted, it nice if you have a large existing collection of Blu-ray and want to mass rip but after that who is it marketed towards?

2- The design does not match their other high-end equipment.  Most high-end consumers I’ve dealt will either want their equipment to match or have it rack mounted.  This fits in neither category.

That said, I’d be surprised if S1Digital didn’t provide a rack mounting kit at some point.  I don’t own any equipment of theirs but they seem to listen to customer feedback in addition to providing quality service and equipment.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.