Review: Radioshack 15-1892: Indoor Antenna w/ RF Remote

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Review: Radioshack 15-1892: Indoor Antenna w/ RF Remote

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

[url=http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1356&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=1]Original Article Link[/url]

Nice writeup. I was in a similar situation as you describe last year when I was living with a buddy of mine who bought a house in an area just outside philadelphia city limits. I was 7 miles from all major antennas which also were coming from essentially the same direction. The area was surrounded by some tall trees and initially I tried HDTV with I think the exact same Terk antenna that you did. I had rather poor results. I tried some cheapy radioshack antenna that somebody at avs forums recommended….it was square and supposed to be good at multipath but it also did horribly. In the end I purchased a cheap outdoor antenna from radioshack which improved the signal tremendously….while testing indoors and also when mounted on the roof outside. It is a simple directional antenna that cost like $25. Even still, I had occasional drop outs and if the weather wasn’t great, some stations would be unwatchable.

I’m now in an apartment in Jersey, about 20 miles from the philadelphia antennas and since its a clearer opening I’m able to pull in all the same stations with stronger signal and only have occasional signal problems on windy days. I’ve mounted the cheapy outdoor RS antenna I talked about above on the balcony.

I know its difficult to find places to mount an outdoor antenna in an apartment situation, but consider picking one up just to test as a “best case” scenario. If it works well while sitting on the floor in front of your TV(pointed the right way of course), maybe you can get creative in finding a place to mount it inside or out. If you can find a place to buy on at a B&M location, you can easily return it with no cost to you in the end.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.