Review: Moneual MonCaso 320

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Review: Moneual MonCaso 320

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    mikinho
    Participant

[url=http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4948&Itemid=1]Original Article Link[/url]

Thanks for the review Andy and especially for LcdWriter.  I initially had buyer’s regret with the 320B due to the poor LCD software but LcdWriter made up for it and justified the price difference between the 312B and 320B.

The fan mounts on the 320B are a welcome addition as well.

nilsga

I can’t get LCDWriter to display any useful information when using Windows 7 Media Center (x64). I have installed the latest version that is available for download. I have checked that emhsas.exe is running, but the only information I get is elapsed and remaining time. I was kind of hoping that I could display things like the current channel and EPG program name when watching TV. Is it not possible?

babgvant

That is somewhat dependent on how you define “useful”.  I like to see the current position and duration, so that is what is displayed during playback.  When recording the channel and show title are displayed.

nilsga

I see. And this is not configurable?

Has anyone had any luck with the bundled M.Play software? I can install it, and it works, but when I try to open the configuration program, nothing happens, so I can’t configure anything.

babgvant

[quote=nilsga]

I see. And this is not configurable?

[/quote]

Not currently.  IMO, the VFD should contain information that is useful and non-obvious.  I already know what show I’m watching, don’t always know how much time is left.

nilsga

Then something is not as it should be. On my display it always starts on 00.00/00.00 when starting to watch TV, and both counters count up, with the second one being ahead a second or two.

babgvant

Yeah, it shouldn’t do that.  It should be current/duration or something similar.

nilsga

Ok. I just installed it and have not changed any settings besides choosing the correct DLL and writer. What could cause this behaviour?

babgvant

It’s possible that it’s a bug in LcdWriter, but odd that no one has mentioned it. Baring that, I’d say it’s probably an MSAS issue.

nilsga

A couple of observations: It appears that LcdWriterService is not running, and will not start. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it, and as long as the Writer is the “NullWriter”, the service runs. But when I changed it to the COM-dll and selected the 320B writer, the service gets deactivated, and will not start. Also, after the first restart after installing the program, I get an error message on startup complaining about not being able to create an “IPC port”, whatever that means… (The error message is localized, so I don’t know what the english equvivalent is…)

nilsga

Also, when pressing “detect configuration”, I get an error about not having access to COM3, which appears to be the correct COM-port.

babgvant

The service won’t work with this display because it requires user interaction.

babgvant

[quote=nilsga]

Also, when pressing “detect configuration”, I get an error about not having access to COM3, which appears to be the correct COM-port.

[/quote]

Make sure the driver is up to date and reboot.

nilsga

There are no updates to the driver. Do I have to install the M.Play software or other drivers from the Moneual CD? I also notice that the display actually always start at 00.00/50.00, but once it starts counting, both are reset to 00.00/00.00

nilsga

BTW, it’s a completely fresh install of Win7 64bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.