Review: Antec P180

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Review: Antec P180

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

[url=http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=634&Itemid=152]Original Article Link[/url]

I’ve actually purchased this case several times for clients’ SBS Servers. It’s a very nice case but I’ve run into the same flaws three times.

*The glue that holds the recessed magnet for the front door panel wears off very quickly. I’d say 50-100 uses and the magnet starts coming off and starts sticking to the metallic power button. Because it sticks to the power it is possible for someone to try and put a little force into closing the door, and start a system shutdown. (Not so cool on a server)

*The seperate ATX PSU chamber is a mostly cool idea. If you start putting large PSU’s in there the room dissapears very quickly. So much cramming of power and mother cables has happened for me that I have had to remove the fanthat sits in front of the PSU chamber because the cables were getting caught in the fan.

*Again with the PSU: Because the PSU is now all the way at the bottom of the case you might have problems with the length of your motherboards AUX and main power connections. (Especially if they sit towards the top end of your motherboard. If you buy an Antec PSU to go along with this case you will have no problems as they have already thought of lengthening these cables. (Thankfully so)

*The PSU vibration/cover thingy is a pain in the arse, hates playing nice with anything other than an Antec, and really doesn’t do very much. 

Other than that, the cases are nice looking and have great air flow with little noise.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.