Plugin suggestions

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Plugin suggestions

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jennyfur
    Participant

OK, so I haven’t made the jump to Vista just yet, but I plan to. Figured I’d gather up a list of MCE plugins. However, it looks like lots of the plugins I’d be interested in are no longer available, or not updated/supported. So I’m creating this list to find out if anyone knows of plugins that can do what I want, and if they’re Vista compatible (or at the very least, updated relatively recently for MCE 2005). If anything can be accomplished through Online Spotlight instead, mention that as well.

1. Weather. There seems to be a few choices for this one. What’s the latest and greatest? Or at least most popular?

2. Netflix. The only plugin I can find is “My Netflix” and it appears that it’s no longer being worked on. There were some [url=http://www.hackingnetflix.com/2005/09/hot_new_netflix.html]screenshots[/url] awhile back of something that looked cool for Vista, but I never heard about it being released. Any suggestions?

3. Recipes. I see that there was a “My Recipes” plugin awhile back, but the website is dead. Is there anything else that has this sort of functionality?

4. Movie showtimes/trailers. I figure there’s gotta be a bunch of options for this one. I wouldn’t use it much but I figure it’d be cool to have anyway. Suggestions?

5. RSS news feeds. I know Big Screen has a plugin, and I’m sure plenty of other ones exist as well. So what’s the best one?

The following are totally unimportant and I can live without them. They’re just more along the lines of stuff that might be interesting to just have.

6. Online photos. Figure there’s gotta be some flickr thing or whatever.

7. Music videos. There’s enough services out there that I figure there’s gotta be a plugin for one of em.

8. Astrology. Another one I wouldn’t use much but figure would be fun to have if there’s anything that does it nicely.

Thanks guys!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.