Older Movies Released On Hi-Def Discs

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Older Movies Released On Hi-Def Discs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    LowTech
    Participant

A short while back I read an online review of the BR release of the movie “Patton” and the recommendation of this release.  So that got me to wondering, how do other older titles “translate” in HD?  Does one get the same experience watching the chase scene in Bullitt (on a properly set up big screen set) as one might have in the movie theater, in other words is it worth the extra cash over a regular DVD?  Another example would be the scene in “Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid” where Butch and Sundance evade the Pinkerton guys by jumping into the river deep in the canyon, do you get the falling sensation from the HD DVD release? 

As I researched this question I came a cross a few sources that provided movie reviews and as expected there were mixed results.  Oh, and I’m not just talking oldies like ‘60s & ‘70s stuff, I’m talking classics like “Casablanca” too.  So I thought I’d pose the question for this community.  I predict mixed replies due to various factors but I tend to trust this community a little more than some I might have stumbled across doing a Google search.

I realize that this is a rather broad topic but nonetheless what are your thoughts?  Generally are older movies worth the investment as HD releases?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.