October 2010 Cumulative Update for Windows Media Center in Windows 7

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground October 2010 Cumulative Update for Windows Media Center in Windows 7

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

Yay. Although now I need to go into the settings and fix all the series I set to record 10 minutes after down to 3 because of that recording issue.

I never had a problems with recordings, I did notice sometimes they would go longer than they should have, more than 3 minutes.

captain_video
    Participant

I had problems with shows being cut off prematurely if I had back-to-back recordings on the same channel.  MC wasn’t allowing me to use separate tuners for each recording until I added the 10-minute overlap.  What was strange is that my default record settings add 3- minutes before the show when possible, but when I changed the end time to 10 minutes after it also increased the before padding to 10 minutes.  It fixed my tuner issue but now it uses up a lot more hard drive space for the same number of shows.  Three minutes is more than ample overlap to account for slight schedule overruns in most cases.

mikinho
      Participant

[quote=”Meester.Rip”]
        [url=http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5241&Itemid=2]Original Article Link[/url]
        Yay. Although now I need to go into the settings and fix all the series I set to record 10 minutes after down to 3 because of that recording issue.
        [/quote]

The recording bug that the patch fixes would typically take 2-3 years of usage to become apparent so I don’t think many people have had the issue considering the age of W7.  If you have a lot of tuners and record an above average amount it may be present sooner. 

Why would usage affect the machine from not using one of the additional tuners? This problem has a huge thread on TGB and other sites. Unless this patch is for something else and Captain and I read it wrong. And I actually didn’t have the problem until I switched my HDHRs from QAM to ATSC. So something in the guidetuner???? didn’t set itself up right when I reran the guide setup for the tuner change.

mikinho
        Participant

You did misinterpret the patch.  It has nothing to do w/ the paddingback-to-back recordings problem.

The patch fixes an issue that after time the scheduled recording would start late.  I’m assuming from the description that it is due to extended verification checks against the recording history taking too long and delay the start.

Hmmm. I wonder if this patch will fix the issue Captain and I have even if it wasn’t meant to directly. I’ll have to setup some PBS shows to record back to back to test with.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.