Media Center Software + Netflix

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Media Center Software + Netflix

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hey All,

I have a question for you. I’ve been using Windows7 Media Center and WHS2011 with a Ceton tuner for a couple of years and I’ve been pretty happy with the setup generally. However, since Micros*** seems to be basically abandoning both products I’ve been looking for a different Media Center solution. I’m looking for a front end/back end system that can do TV and has a descent Netflix plugin. The wife loves Netflix. I’ve tried NextPVR and MythTV backends and XBMC and MythTV as a front end but netflix plugins for either of those programs are elaborate kludges at best. I’ve looked at PlayOn as a work around and I don’t have an issue with the cost but from what I understand from their site it looks like the reencode is going to turn netflix streaming into low def crap. Any suggestions for either a front end with a good Netflix plugin or an alternate solution that isn’t a complete kludge? I’ve really grown acustomed to having all my media served out of one machine with a 10′ interface and good remote control support.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.