MC7 Recordings are stopping early when shows are back to back on the same chan

Home Forums Home Theater Computers MC7 Recordings are stopping early when shows are back to back on the same chan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have 4 tuners (2×2 HDHRs via ATSC).

I had 4 half hour shows set to record on NBC from 8 – 12 and each show stopped recording a couple minutes before the end. Then I would have to watch the beginning of the next recording to see the end of the show that was cut short.

Any ideas. I have each show set to start 5 minutes early but with 4 tuners the next show should just start recording from a different tuner. I never got a prompt telling me there was any conflict.

Ideas?

Edits:
    I checked my recording defaults and Start when possible is 3 minutes before and stop when possible is 5 minutes after.

I checked the sources for the channel and all 4 tuners are selected and show 100%

I checked HDHR setup and all tuners are enabled.

Well I found the same problem at TGB. After tinkering with my PC I found this:

Seeing as I am trying to solve this problem via remote desktop I notice my MC7 machine was 4 minutes off from what my work machine was. So I went into the settings and changed it to sync with time.windows instead of time.nist.gov server. Some guy who is always late to work must be messing with the time setting at the office.

Hopefully that fixes it so I don’t have to go to every episode and change the stop time to ten minutes.

This is a problem people have complained about for a while over at TGB.  Hadn’t checked in a while, but last time I did there was no solution.  I tried the syncing thing too, but it didn’t help me.

Well the solution which I can’t test until tonight is to set the recordings to stop recording ten minutes after the show finishes. Lucky for me I have 4 tuners, but this sucks for those with two or less tuners.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.