I have all my shows set to record New epsiodes only but I see repeats scheduled

Home Forums Home Theater Computers I have all my shows set to record New epsiodes only but I see repeats scheduled

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I was checking my settings and I see that Castle and several other programs are set to record tonight yet they all say they are repeats. In the settings I have it set to new episodes only. Any idea on what is going on?

Thanks.

[quote=”Meester.Rip”]
    I was checking my settings and I see that Castle and several other programs are set to record tonight yet they all say they are repeats. In the settings I have it set to new episodes only. Any idea on what is going on?

Thanks.
    [/quote]

I assume you’re using MC, since my SageTV setup noted that these were repeats and episodes I had watched, so it didn’t schedule them to record.  I know SageTV gets the data from Zap2it.  Where does MC get it from?  Also, how often does it check for the repeat status?  I’m flying blind here, but any chance it wasn’t listed as a repeat when MC first scheduled it to record, but later that “repeat” info was added and MC didn’t react to the new info?

captain_video
    Participant

I’m still relatively new to MC but I have noticed that when I initially set up a program for series recording, it always schedules the show I selected to record from the guide.  I just clicked on the Do not record option for the rerun once I set up the series for recording. 

I didn’t realize that I could set up a global parameter to record only new shows from the Settings menu.  Once I did that, only new shows would be scheduled for recording.

MC recorded 3 repeat shows last night and I deleted them. I guess I’ll have to keep an eye on the guide and click do not record. The only thing I changed was moving my HDHR from QAM to ATSC and then resetting the signal and guide. I wonoder if there is something in the ATSC guide listings that is not triggering the “This is a repeat” flag. It says repeat right in the title of the show.

Mine does this intermittently as well – particularly for shows that my wife watches like The Hills, House Hunters, etc. I always assumed that it was a problem with the guide data. Generally when they get scheduled like that the air date info is not there, so I think MC just automatically assumes that it was a new ep and put it on the schedule.

mikinho
      Participant

I believe it is an easy that the guide initially has it set with the “Repeat” info and schedules the recording at that time without removing it later.

If you have the episode previously recorded it won’t re-record though.

It happened to be last week, if it happens frequently (first time in since migrating to W7) I”ll write a plugin to fix.

Well I never had any trouble until I changed my guide data. I don’t keep shows long enough for the guide to see that it already exists when the shows starts repeating.

How would the plug in work? All I could guess is that it would read the data for the show and cancel the recording. Maybe I need to rerun the guide setup again. But if you need any log files or anything from me let me know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.