HTPC with dual monitors

Home Forums Home Theater Computers HTPC with dual monitors

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Our TV and main computer are in our living room and currently we use the computer as an HTPC but it’s not connected to our TV. This is something I plan to solve with my next upgrade (next month or two hopefully) but not sure if what I want out of it is possible. We currently run BeyondTV but with a issue that just came up I will probably try Vista as our PVR software for a bit.

My main concern is that while watching TV we want to be able to use the computer for other uses at the same time. So it is possible to use the TV feature in windows vista on our TV as well as on a second monitor run other applications? I tried it with Windows XP MCE but the TV couldn’t be full screen. BTV allows for this but does have some issues.

Finally, I know this is most likely not a possibility but doesn’t hurt to ask. Assuming the CPU was powerful enough, would it be possible to run TV on one screen and a game the other monitor? How about with two video cards NOT in SLI mode? (mostly games such as sports, RTS, and simulations)

What do you guys think, any possibility here, or just dreaming of the perfect system. The reason is I hate to have this ubber-powerful computer but can only use it for one function at a time. My main concern is using other software such as photoshop and premier elements, and of course web and other apps, gaming would be an added bonus.

Thanks for the thoughts.

LK

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.