hotkey to switch displays with nvidia gt430

Home Forums Home Theater Computers hotkey to switch displays with nvidia gt430

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I just installed a new Nvidia GT430 into my HTPC. In my setup, I have my primary large display, and a secondary smaller monitor. I’ve always had a hotkey to switch from display A to B and back linked to my remote. Early on, Nvidia provided a tool to map hotkey shortcuts to this function, and with my previous card, an ATI 3850 Catalyst control center also provided this function. However, it looks like Nvidia no longer provides the profile/desktop manager that includes this functionality. Is there an easy way to get this back?

I realize I can use fn+p in windows 7, but that’s a toggle between four modes, and not eactly what I want. Just doesn’t make sense that a useful feature would be removed.

bbig119

I was able to get this working with ultramon. The program allows for display profiles, much like nvidia desktop manager did. The profiles are then able to be set to hotkeys. I was able to use the same hotkeys that I had with the old card, so I didn’t need to change anything in eventghost to get my remote to execute the dispay swap.

bbig119

Just to update here. I gave up on the GT430, and now have an ATI 6750. Although I had hotkey switching working using Ultramon, the computer somehow got confused about inputs, resolutions and such depending on the input state of the TV and AVR. Once this happened my hotkeys stopped working properly and resulted in my display resolutions getting all mucked up. The catalyst software still includes built-in display profile switching with hotkeys, and I’ve also gone to a more simple display setup to get it working more robustly (essentially giving up on HD-audio for the time being, in favor of 3D).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.