HDCP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

Share the love and pass it along

If it isn’t legal then I don’t expect Hauppauge to come out with a card with an HDMI input . That would be pretty sweet though if they did though.

I think it’s only a matter of time before there’s software out there which fixes HDCP so it’s wide open.  In turn, hardware manufacturers will probably quietly add HDMI capture right alongside component inputs.  Thankfully, from what little has been said thus far, this fix doesn’t seem to need to be built into the hardware itself, which would mean they aren’t running afoul of the DMCA.  I’d expect to have to run a little software program to put the fix in place so the hardware sees a valid HDCP handshake and be done with it.

I expect by Christmas we will start seeing TVs with the new Ethernet inputs. Then I think the manufactures will look into cracking that port.

The HD baseT systems use HDCP.  In fact, you still need a standard HDMI chip in the mix for HD BaseT to work.  So that means that HD BaseT is also probably hacked.

[quote=”autoboy”]
    The HD baseT systems use HDCP.  In fact, you still need a standard HDMI chip in the mix for HD BaseT to work.  So that means that HD BaseT is also probably hacked.
    [/quote]

Yeah… ain’t it cool!  :-X

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.