FreeNAS – personal experiences?

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion FreeNAS – personal experiences?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve been looking at FreeNAS.  Has anyone used it?  If so, what has your experience been like?  Pros/cons?

mikinho

It is my favorite Open Source NAS product.  I’m a big fan of FreeBSDOpenBSD, my routers are pfSense.

I prefer FreeNAS over unRAID for instance because the network performance was better in my testing on the same hardware.  unRAID has a nicer UI and more applications for it but I don’t care about either feature.  My only concerns were stability and performance.  For a NAS I really like ZFS.

Edit: I can post a real PROCON later when I have more time 🙂

santanan

Thanx for the response.  I’ve been reading more about it and what the new version supports, and so far i think i’m gonna love it.  I just downloaded the app so I can play with it on VMware.

BTW, have you used VMware vSphere Hypervisor or Workstation?  If so, which do you prefer?  I currently use Workstation, but want to try out Hypervisor.  I just want to make sure it’s the rite move before i wipe out my system and install it.

santanan

Oh, pfSense is my next project. Been thinking about it since last year, but decided to move forward with the upgrade and migration of my server first. 

Again, thanx. 

Ganjagadget
          Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.