First time builder…

Home Forums Beginner General Questions First time builder…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Alright, so I have been building computers for awhile. Mainly for gaming. Well, I’m bored with that now. 

I just got my first house, so I am wanting to tech it out a little bit. Where is the best place to start when it comes to HTPC? (im pretty much clueless) I plan on having friend come over often, and would like an awesome home theater, without the hassel of needing a DVD or blueray player.

I would like to burn all of my DVDs onto my new build, and have it on a play list so I dont have to jump around to load new disc. I want awesome sound cards and HD going straight into the TV w/ surround sound and all of that, possibly even a projector for special ocassions. 

I stumbled across this site while looking up some more information, so it is possible that by the time I get a reply, I may have found some answers. But either way, I hope to learn some information from here and build an awesome setup! My budget will probably be around $1000 , because like I said, I just got my first place so need to conserve money!

lithium630

There are a lot of good sites.  

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv

Avsforum.com

Your budget is pretty high for an htpc, so I wouldn’t worry about that.  I would start very simple.   You shouldn’t need a sound card, or even a video card if you get a good motherboard (unless you are gaming also).  Extra parts add heat and noise.  Noise is a big deal if your PC is going to be in the livingroom.  Take care to get quiet, good quality fans.  For your budget you could add a cablecard tuner and ditch the crappy cable company dvrs.

babgvant

Simple system would be a Haswell i5, 8GB RAM, 90-128GB SSD, and a couple large hard drives. As mentioned, adding a DCT is well within your budget.

If you don’t plan on gaming with the system, that will be more than enough.

VinMike
        Participant

Hello,

I am vin mike, my passion is to design the cakes. So i opened a cake bakery in calgary. You can order the cake online from my website or can call me for home delivery. Celebrate family and friends anniversary with a sweet cake now!

VinMike
          Participant

Your happiness is only one cake away from you. Order cake online calgary now. We send the hand-made cakes for our customers to make them smile. We deliver the cakes on your doorstep. We have the best cupcakes of calgary too.

HomeBuyers
            Participant

Looking for a quick house sale? Then look no further than We Buy Any Home, national homebuyers purchasing property across the Canada! Visit: https://mrhomebuyer.ca/we-buy-houses-calgary/

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by HomeBuyers.
              nickmoore
              Participant

Stanley Garage Builders Calgary is a premier garage construction and remodeling company. We provide quality services including garage siding, roofing, full garage rehab and new garage construction.
                Visit: https://remodelingcalgary.ca/garage-construction/

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by nickmoore.
              Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.