Ceton InfiniTV 4 card issues

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Ceton InfiniTV 4 card issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Night Rider
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having an issue with my Ceton InfiniTV 4 card.
      I’m current on the firmware and software versions for the card.

Version 1.1.0.8-20110309
      Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
      Zone Alarm setup to allow program & port use for ceton hardware & software.

The issue I am having is the tuner after some days working perfectly is undiscovered.
      Neither Windows Media Center or the Ceton utility can see the card.

I have tried all options in the Ceton utility to reset the tuners and they don’t,
      show up to the utility.

I have done uninstalls & fresh installs of the Ceton drivers.
      They work for a day or two then the tuners become undiscoverable again.

kmp14

I am using my Ceton with SageTV, and I have had less than a handful of times where it dropped off.  A reboot always fixed it.

Definitely make sure you also have latest firmwares (there are 2) for your Ceton.

Have you contacted Ceton?  The one time I used their support it was very good.

swoon

Are you using the default Ceton configuration or are you also networking the InfiniTV?

johnw248

When you lose the tuner do any of the following apply:

1. Card is missing from Network Media Devices
            2. In Network and Sharing, change adapters, the Ceton adapter is missing
            3. Just rebooting the system brings it back

Which of the above apply? Known problems are programs that do scans or automatic logins.

John

Night Rider

Thank you all for your replies.

[quote=kmp14]Definitely make sure you also have latest firmwares (there are 2) for your Ceton.[/quote]
              Driver package version 1.1.0.8-20110309
              Diagnostic tool version 1.3.2.1
              Kernel driver version 1.0.2.0
              InfinityTV firmware version 1.0.3.4
              InfinityTV hardware version 4884

[quote=swoon]

Are you using the default Ceton configuration or are you also networking the InfiniTV?

[/quote]
              I am using the default configuration with no network tuners.

[quote=johnw248]

When you lose the tuner do any of the following apply:

1. Card is missing from Network Media Devices
              2. In Network and Sharing, change adapters, the Ceton adapter is missing
              3. Just rebooting the system brings it back

Which of the above apply? Known problems are programs that do scans or automatic logins.

John

[/quote]
              1. Device manager shows Ceton Infinity network connection.
              2. Ceton Infinity network device shows disabled.
              3. Rebooting has no effect.

John, you hit it on the head with number 3
              I enabled it .. unsure how it became disabled.

johnw248

Watch that area then and something is either scanning your system or some out login is disability the ceton adapter. You can check the binding (although that is an old issue and fixed in what you’re running) and make sure your normal network card is first. (network and sharing, adapter settings, then advanced and advanced again will show binding)

John

nadspink

i had the same problem you are having only instead of every couple of days mine was once a week or so. 2 days ago it happened again so i decided i would just do a fresh install of windows and that should fix everything. way wrong after installing windows i tried to install my ceton card. the driver seem to load fine, shows up in device manager with no conflicts but thats it. doesn’t show up in the network, ceton diag tool doesn’t see it and neither does media center. so i tried the next the previous drivers, same thing. i opened a ticket with ceton and the send me beta drivers. i installed those, same thing. so installed it in my bedroom htpc, same thing. next is the office pc, and you guessed it same thing. the card isn’t dead, when i put it in a pc it asks for divers and they seem to install just fine. never had an issue like this before. i hope ceton figures this out soon and i hate to say it but i’m glad i’m not the only one. sorry

PLUCKYHD

Have you guys contacted ceton support? their support is top notch.

nadspink

ya i have a ticket open right now. i opened it as soon as i realized i wasn’t going to be able to get the card working on my own. i’ve had things screw up but i’ve always been able to get it going with either driver or bios tweaks but not this time. seems like it might be some kind of glitch in the firmware.

johnw248

After you re-installed windows did you run the Digital Cable Advisor again? If not, that might be your problem.

John

Night Rider

I will open a ticket on Ceton’s forums
                          just to bump the issue so they are aware others are having the problem.

nadspink

it has nothing to do with cable adviser. the card just isn.t seen by ceton diagnostic tool at all. when you open the diag tool it just searches for the card without ever finding it. to answer your question though, yes i did load cable adviser. i got back out my ceton install instuctions and went down the list one by one just to make sure i didn’t miss anything.

johnw248

If you open network and sharing and click on change adapter settings do you see the Ceton there? I’d guess not, is the led on the card red or blue? If it isn’t on then there is a problem with the card or the PCIe bus seeing the card.

John

nadspink

the led flashes blue. in the network it shows up but is unresponsive(left or right clicking do nothing). its not the pcie bus as the card requests drivers if you uninstall them or if you install the card in another pc. i’ve installed it in three different systems all having the same response.

johnw248

It sure sounds like the tuner part of the card might have died. The other other suggestion would be to take out the cableCARD to just remove that variable and see if you can open the web interface at 192.168.200.1. A shorted or bad cableCARD could hang it as well, but otherwise it looks like it needs Ceton to solve the problem. (if you’re on the beta program there is a new driver 1.2.0.5 if you haven’t tried it.)

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.