Boxee Gets a Movie Library, Actually A Few Of Them

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Boxee Gets a Movie Library, Actually A Few Of Them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Can’t wait to scope this.

Anonymous

The point they missed in their recap is that Boxee now has 1,000s of movies that most people don’t care about.  They’ll have to work out some deals that cost them to make it attractive to most people imo

I really don’t see the point of Boxee or the appeal of it. Movie Library? Okay, that’s cool. Everything else has already had a “movie library” feature for some time now…. but it’s totally cool if you want a pap on the back for finally catching up.

Oh, wait. Those movies aren’t really anything anyone is going to care about….

I was checking out the movie selection last night and a couple of the movie services they listed you actually have to pay for.  I think one was 1-3$ rentals.  Most of the movies I could care less to watch.  A ton of older flicks from the 50’s,60’s and 70’s.  None the less a small step in the right direction.

Anonymous

There are a few features that Boxee adds to Media Center that I think are worth the install:

1) MLB.TV
        2) Pandora
        3) Youtube

Until these sites are integrated in Media Center, I will use Boxee.  Note-for integration with Media Center, you have to install the Boxee integration hack/addin.

I mainly use the revision3 app, Koldcast TV and the RSS feeder.  Engadget works well too.

Mike Garcen
        Participant

Crim, have you used Boxee? There’s SOOO much more to it than just movies. they have so many different offerings as robinhoody mentions, PLUS one of my favorite traits is the auto-fetching music information.

[quote=”shadymg”]
          Crim, have you used Boxee? There’s SOOO much more to it than just movies. they have so many different offerings as robinhoody mentions, PLUS one of my favorite traits is the auto-fetching music information.
          [/quote]
          Yeah I have which is why I’m surprised there was no movie library function (but it seems that I’m confusing a streaming movie function with a local movie function) but I really didn’t like it at all and hate the whole “social” aspect of it actually.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.