Best TV type for standard definition

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion Best TV type for standard definition

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

OK, I won’t be upgrading my rear projection set for another couple of years, but this is something that I’ve been wondering since I bought my son a 37″ LCD TV last December.  What type of TV is best for displaying standard def signals?  My Toshiba rear projection HD TV looks pretty good on non HD material from the satellite.  But my son’s HP LCD does not look that great with non HD material from the satellite.  I thought maybe it was because his was a cheaper set than some of the LCDs out there, but my sister-in-law just got a 42″ LG 1080p TV and some of the non HD stuff that I watched on her’s looked just absolutely horrible.  Maybe it was because I had been watching football in HD and then turned to another football game that was not in HD, and that made it look worse than it actually was, but it was bad.  Some times the players just looked like a bunch of blocks.  Now as much as I want to have a nice, slim LCD…I don’t want to look at a bad standard satellite signal all the time.  I mean, still 75% to 80% of what I watch is not in HD.  Does anyone think that one type of set is better than another for standard signals?  From what I’ve seen, all the display types look great with HD material, but I think for me what will set them apart is how they display non HD.  I’m not really crazy about plasmas, so my choice has always been between DLP and LCD.  What are your opinions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.