Am I Missing Something?

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Am I Missing Something?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    LowTech
    Participant

So I’ve got some time to kill this afternoon and decided to look at the current PC hardware available. 

Although I probably won’t build a new PC until the Quad cores become a little more mainstream (IE: cheaper and maybe a year or so down the line) I do like to occasionally take a little time and try to keep up with what’s current.  What struck me as odd was the vast amount of mobos out there that still have parallel ports on the back.

Are there that many folks who still have printers or Zip drives that use this connection? 

Why I raise this question is that these same mobos, which would otherwise fit my needs/wants, are lacking more of the stuff I would want like extra USB, LAN and eSATA back panel ports (hell, even firewire) in favor of the parallel and serial ports.  Of course this isn’t the case 100% of the time but I do see a lot of mobos that I might consider around the $100 range but the manufacturer opted for these legacy ports in favor of 21st century stuff.  It’s baffling to me.

Am I missing something?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.