ABC Gives V Just 10 Episodes for Season Two

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground ABC Gives V Just 10 Episodes for Season Two

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

…Here’s hoping it doesn’t get canceled.  It took the whole first season, but I actually enjoy the show now.

captain_video
    Participant

Aside from up-to-date special effects, the show pretty much parallels the original series.  There’s a good reason why it got cancelled the first time around and this one is following right in it’s footsteps.  Shows about alien invasions have never lasted for more than a few seasons, at best.  For some reason Hollywood thinks they’re a good idea and keeps trying to air them, usually with the same end result.  I thought “Invasion” was among the best of the genre and it only lasted one season.

[quote=”captain_video”]
      I thought “Invasion” was among the best of the genre and it only lasted one season.
      [/quote]

Even I lost interest in Invasion pretty quickly.  The acting was pretty weak and the story didn’t hold up very well over the episodes.  I still own the VHS and Laserdisc versions of the entire V collection (minus the TV series) and, to this day, I still find it fun to watch.  I haven’t watched the new series yet, but the original one was more about “big brother” and communism than aliens.  You think it was a coincidence that the aliens were wearing red?  The cold war was still in full swing at the time, so the real fear was there in the public’s eye, but they instead focused on what the Nazi’s had done.

I think it is ten episodes too many. The FBI lady’s son has no acting skills. They must have brought him in to pull in teeny boppers. And the Irish car bomber guy is just as bad. I gave up when the shuttle went down.

I still think a Firefly like show would make a great series.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.