Re: Xbox 360 Chatpad Driver Challenge!

Home Forums Re: Xbox 360 Chatpad Driver Challenge!

[quote=”shadymg”]
ditto on the ridiculousness here…yet another example of Microsoft committing to something and then doing it half ass. Raise your hand if you remember MCX Extenders??? How about Sideshow devices???

Hopefully they can figure this out soon…but Dan…quit putting ideas in Mikinho’s head!!! 😛
[/quote]

The extender talk needs to end, most of them sucked (and thus, didn’t sell well) in comparison to the one that was most popular by default…the Xbox 360. Now, most people don’t want to buy ‘a console’ as an extender, but think of it this way: what’s it matter what it’s main purpose is if you don’t use it that way? Even today, the PS3 is a better Blu-Ray/DVD/CD/MP3/Netflix/YouTube/* box than it is a games system. On the sneak, its one of the two best all-in-one super media boxes out there (lack of MKV support notwithstanding_. Take it form me, as an avid gamer, who bought the thing not too long after launch.

And I can’t even name a sideshow device that ever even came out.

The thing about MS is every department is self-contained. They never work together, in fact its more that they’re actually competing with each other. One department wouldn’t want anothers’ code ‘contaminating’ their stuff. I’d started realizing this on my own, and it was pretty much confirmed a while back on the Windows Weekly podcast. Ed Bott, and Mary Jo Foley (two tech journalists who focus pretty much on Microsoft) joined Paul for an episode, and pretty much said this is whats been going on at MS since the beginning.

What’s truly bizarre is that this doesn’t explain a damned thing in this case. The chat pad wasn’t the last 360 accessory to be released, so MS didn’t ‘drop’ support or anything, they must have just never seen the use for drivers. Once it was out the door, unless it had major issues, like the wireless headset once did, they didn’t do anything else to it, and so it was ‘case closed’ as far as they were concerned.