johnw248 wrote: If you are

Home Forums johnw248 wrote: If you are

DenCollins

[quote=johnw248]If you are currently running ATI DCTs or if you have run ATI DCTs then you DO NOT have to run the DCA. It won’t complete because it sees your Bios is already cableCARD enabled. If you run into a problem where there is no PID use the one from your Vista Sticker. I don’t think the generic will work in this instance but it might. Anyway the PID should just appear white on white and if you can click next you don’t need to enter anything.

John[/quote]
    The Machine I’m referring to is NOT the Vaio w/ ATI Tuners.
    It is an HP Z560 DEC running Win 7 as stated in my very first post on this subject. I am trying to get the Silicon Dust Prime DCT to run on the HPZ560. My understanding is that that there is no PID required for the Silicondust or in Window 7. The only place the PID number was required was in two instances, 1. If you were running an OEM Cable Card Machine and 2. If the ATI Firmware was 1.7 or lower. Otherwise, the PID doesn’t exsist in Windows 7. I’m beginning to believe that the HP Z560 is just not up to the task. Mainly because the Processor is an Intel Pentium D which is essentially 2 Intel processors running on Hyperthreading technology.