changes in frame rates

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help changes in frame rates

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Aaron Ledger.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Some channels frequently change frame rates from 29 to 59 fps, which causes a quick white flash. I’ve updated the video driver, didn’t help. Ceton said this is a WIndows problem, and I might be able to fix it by installing a video card. Is there anything else I can do? I have an i3-2100t processor and Intel DH67CF motherboard.

phoneguyinpgh

I’ve never used Intel graphics for my HTPC but I had the same issue about 2years ago using an ATI 5450 card.  The issue as I understand it is an incompatability between the MPG encoder the network is using and the MS decoder. When the frame rate would change the brightness level would flash.  It was only on a few channels and only with a few programs. The solution for me was to upgrade my graphics card.  An Nvidia 430GT worked but it’s SD performance was terrible. I am currently using an AMD A4 w/ 6450 graphics in it and there are no flashing issues. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Aaron Ledger

Make sure to disable any dynamic contrast settings in your video card driver. There’s also an alternate fix that many use by setting the NominalRange debug value in the registry for Windows Media Center.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.