Yammm BETA-13.10.22.0076

232 posts / 0 new
Last post
mikinho's picture
Yammm BETA-13.10.22.0076

Attached are the updated Yammm installers for Windows 7 and Windows 8. Please download the appropiate version for your operating system. Also, please consider it a beta.

It should restore normal Yammm functionality.

Release Notes

Minor fixes \ changes.

Update: Removed SP1 requirement on W7 installer

Fix: You shouldn't have to restart the service after making configuration changes now

Fix: MovieArtwork & Backdrops cache not created with standalone Yammm

Fix: Using the IMDB tag as the folder name works again

A few notes:

1- .NET 4.0 Client Profile is required

2- Your settings will be wiped when installing from the OLD version...sorry. After installing please run YammmConfig and setup.

4- MyMovies support is gone per request. MediaBrowser will be in the next build

5- I will be making frequent updates over the next few months. Please make feature requests here.

6- You will notice that selecting user accounts is no longer an option. It isn't needed anymore.

7- I will be making Yammm open source in the near future but want to continue maintaining.

8- Any donations will go towards vet bills to for a recent foster puppy we rescued off the streets.

Please let me know if you can download successfully and of any issues.

-Michael

mikinho's picture

Two more things:

1- You need to be logged in to download. Just during the beta release period.

2- This does not include any new features I've been working on. Just wasn't able to test all the changes yet.

The next build will have an auto-updater and allow subscribing to a beta channel for new features.

Thanks Michael!  Great to have it alive again!  Maybe I'm missing something but it is not renaming the folders to include the year as it did before nor adding the synopsis...am I missing a check somewhere?? 

mikinho's picture

Do you have "Rename movie folders" enabled on the Settings tab?

For the synopsis if you had Media Center running you'll need to restart it.

mikinho's picture

You may need to restart the Yammm service after saving your settings for the first time. I'll post an update ASAP to fix that.

Does the naming the folder after the imdb tag trick still work?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt

mikinho's picture

No. I'll be adding that back soon but need to use a different data source.

You can use TheMovieDB though, e.g.

For https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/160068-gloria

Gloria [tmdb=160068]

That works for me, thanks.

Matt

mikinho's picture

Silly rename folder bug, new version is building.

mikinho's picture

Updated to 13.10.20.0094

Fix:

- Rename folder not working

Thank you sooooo MUCH!

Thank you sooooo MUCH!

Thank you for this. Not a lot of people will go all the trouble for free. God Bless.Laughing

Thank you very much!!

Hey Michael,

FYI.  A couple of little bugs I noticed.

1.) When I configure "Artwork" to "Original, do not resize," it keeps defaulting back to "Medium."

2.) It does not seem be be bringing in "backdrop.jpg" even though it is selected.

3..) XBMC NFO files don't seem to be getting created.

I only seem to be getting "folder.jpg" and folder."original.jpg"

Once again, thanks again for all the time and effort you put into this project.

Always,

Tony

Thanks MW for firing this together - been refreshing and anxiously waiting.
I've used your YAMMM in conjunction with MetaX to organize thousands of movies for years, so this is exciting for me to get back to it.

Couple notes:
I've saved and restarted, re-installed, and reset my machine so not sure what to do next.

Folder pictures are downloading (no backdrops though)
Metadata files are not coming through.
Folder Renaming is not working
imdb tag did not pull a folder picture through (as a test).
tmdb tag pulled pictures through only.

Setting on are:
Rename & Use Sort titles
Rename Movie Files & Associated
Meta Data (Win7 and XBMC are both on)
Artwork dowload (all are on)

On - V13.10.20.94

My test folder has 50 movies in it, all recent.

Future requests
Actual Metadata modifications that we can choose the fields that are populated.  If you open up metax application you can see the fields, problem is metaX can only do 1 file at a time and if you add it to the automation you have in your app, you will have a full solution that not only renames, but cleans up and standardizes the metadata of all files.  Things like IMDB Rating, Synopsys, Genre, Actors, Director, Release year, Parental Rating ect.

Thanks again!

Thanks

mikinho's picture

SkyMan wrote:

Hey Michael,

FYI.  A couple of little bugs I noticed.

1.) When I configure "Artwork" to "Original, do not resize," it keeps defaulting back to "Medium."

2.) It does not seem be be bringing in "backdrop.jpg" even though it is selected.

3..) XBMC NFO files don't seem to be getting created.

I only seem to be getting "folder.jpg" and folder."original.jpg"

Once again, thanks again for all the time and effort you put into this project.

Always,

Tony

All should be fixed: YammmSetup-13.10.20.0190

mikinho's picture

YammmSetup-13.10.20.0190

Fix:

- Settings save properly

- Backdrop downloads

- XBMC NFO saves

Improvement:

- For my friend Richard Green I've made it so the native Movie Library * should * shows images faster.

mikinho's picture

spazeau wrote:

Thanks MW for firing this together - been refreshing and anxiously waiting.
I've used your YAMMM in conjunction with MetaX to organize thousands of movies for years, so this is exciting for me to get back to it.

Couple notes:
I've saved and restarted, re-installed, and reset my machine so not sure what to do next.

Folder pictures are downloading (no backdrops though)
Metadata files are not coming through.
Folder Renaming is not working
imdb tag did not pull a folder picture through (as a test).
tmdb tag pulled pictures through only.

Setting on are:
Rename & Use Sort titles
Rename Movie Files & Associated
Meta Data (Win7 and XBMC are both on)
Artwork dowload (all are on)

On - V13.10.20.94

My test folder has 50 movies in it, all recent.

Future requests
Actual Metadata modifications that we can choose the fields that are populated.  If you open up metax application you can see the fields, problem is metaX can only do 1 file at a time and if you add it to the automation you have in your app, you will have a full solution that not only renames, but cleans up and standardizes the metadata of all files.  Things like IMDB Rating, Synopsys, Genre, Actors, Director, Release year, Parental Rating ect.

Thanks again!

Thanks

Can you try the latest build? Feature request accepted.

V13.10.20.190 working beautifully - Completed 50 files in under 2 minutes.
All files accounted for!!

Thank you Thank you!!

mikinho's picture

Great! Thanks for the quick feedback and testing.

Time to relax a bit and then sleep.

Please post any issues or feature requests and I'll review in the AM

Installed & working - no problems at all - Win 7 64.

Many thanks!

Where can we make donations?

Hi Michael, just created an account so i could say a HUGE thankyou for taking the time to update this precious little gem! I recently rebiult my PC and installed Win8 Pro with MC and installed the older Yammm and was devastated when i couldn't update my latest movie folders.

So when i found out you'd updated it i imediately installed it after finishing work this morning and was overjoyed to see my latest folders update successfully. And the fact that you created this without charging just shows what a great person you are! I can't thank you enough, so i will again say "Thanks" and wish you all the best buddy!

Jon Wink

All working many thanks!!

I see there is an option to save copy of metadata to another location to show on other pc's.

Could someone tell me how this works as I want to store all my movies on a NAS drive and run yammm on one pc to get metadata/folder art for my collection stored on that NAS so that any pc I configure includes film info.

How do I then get that metadata onto another media center pc that is pointing at the NAS drive for the movie collection, usually I just get the 'folder.jpg' image in media center and not the info on the film.

Thanks alot... I just just installed Yammm and I choose a network share to rename files in...

I choose settings:

Rename movie folders
Rename movie files
Use IMDB Rating

And meta data I choose both options

Artwork i choose:

Download folder art
Download file art
Save Original

then i pressed save...

It did get the art but it did not rename...

Then I removed the Use IMDB Rating setting

saved

and restarted the service... and then it began to rename....

That was my feedback... Smile

I installed the lasted release and entered the setup menu, added my movie folder, saved my settings then hit exit.  When I reopen the setup menu my folder is not there.  Not sure what I am doing wrong or if this is a bug?

Thanks again MW for an excellent program!!!

glad to see yammm is finally back on line as part of the ceton my media center app. my request would be to set certain folders that yammm ignores. mediabrowser and xbmc create several subfolders to movies these days and while \trailers, \extrafanart and possibly others are ignored (or perhaps read but nothing can be found) the most recent addition \specials is pulling down info for some movie called The Specials (2000).

it doesn't actually affect the ceton app, but i see many copies of The Specials showing up in the WMC movie library

thanks!

Thanks for the hard work.

Seems to have collected all the art work, but all the Metadata information ie. descriptions and rating etc is missing in WMC 7...even thought the cache file for Yammm, does show that the information is there.

Under Yammm Config - I do have my Metdata folder set for C:\Yammm and checked Window Media Center 7, for use in the native WCM7 menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanx,

Nice to have that up and running again,

It's appreciated.

mikinho wrote:

No. I'll be adding that back soon but need to use a different data source.

You can use TheMovieDB though, e.g.

For https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/160068-gloria

Gloria [tmdb=160068]

Firstly, big thanks for getting it working again!!

Tried the folder feature for Face Off, but despite renaming the folder to 754 the latest version seems not to pick up the identity.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/754-face-off 

Thank you!

Win7 x64. Had to restart the service, but working fine with:

Rename folders

Rename files.

not save original files before resizing.

Download folder art

Download file art

Resize images : original

Thank you very much indeed.

thank you, your efforts are much appreciated.

expect about a 1000 new accounts on the site just for this!

mikinho's picture

sorethumbs wrote:

All working many thanks!!

I see there is an option to save copy of metadata to another location to show on other pc's.

Could someone tell me how this works as I want to store all my movies on a NAS drive and run yammm on one pc to get metadata/folder art for my collection stored on that NAS so that any pc I configure includes film info.

How do I then get that metadata onto another media center pc that is pointing at the NAS drive for the movie collection, usually I just get the 'folder.jpg' image in media center and not the info on the film.

I'll try and get a wiki out for this. Basically you have to share the DvdInfoCache folder on a per user basic on the remote PC and then add that share to the list of folders. It is cumbersome. I had two thoughts on it:

1- Improve the select folder so it doesn't suck and includes network locations (this is coming soon)

2- Make a "client" version of Yammm that all it does is sync metadata from the "primary" Yammm.

Let me know if there is a preference.

mikinho's picture

spaceboy wrote:

glad to see yammm is finally back on line as part of the ceton my media center app. my request would be to set certain folders that yammm ignores. mediabrowser and xbmc create several subfolders to movies these days and while \trailers, \extrafanart and possibly others are ignored (or perhaps read but nothing can be found) the most recent addition \specials is pulling down info for some movie called The Specials (2000).

it doesn't actually affect the ceton app, but i see many copies of The Specials showing up in the WMC movie library

thanks!

I'm already planning to add media browser support so I'll add this to the list

mikinho's picture

pluto30306 wrote:

Thanks for the hard work.

Seems to have collected all the art work, but all the Metadata information ie. descriptions and rating etc is missing in WMC 7...even thought the cache file for Yammm, does show that the information is there.

Under Yammm Config - I do have my Metdata folder set for C:\Yammm and checked Window Media Center 7, for use in the native WCM7 menu.

Any suggestions?

Please restart the service. FIx coming in next build 

mikinho's picture

Trixster wrote:

Firstly, big thanks for getting it working again!!

Tried the folder feature for Face Off, but despite renaming the folder to 754 the latest version seems not to pick up the identity.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/754-face-off 

Hmmm...I just tried it by making a folder

Whatever [tmdb=754]

And it worked for me. Can you try that?

Any preference on a better syntax?

mikinho's picture

So here is my plan for the next release:

1- Fight the urge to give an ETA

2- A better installer that supports incremental updates

3- Use some of the donations to purchase a cheap signing license for the installer. Since I'll be making it Open Source I'd like to sign the files I build

4- Fix issue that requires having to restart the services after making first set of setting changes

5- Expose Yammm's debug mode

6- Save logging

Ya Mon, we be Yammmin' !!! Michael, you are a true blessing. Thank you so much for your dedication.

Hi Michael

Just checking in as have 450 movies on the nas and YAMMM picked up pretty much everything.

A handful of films never had their 'folder.jpg' artwork but simply changing the file name of the movie slightly which made the service fetch details again and artwork then appeared.

Been tinkering and a few films have foreign covers in media center so have changed them.  I don't know if this is the recognised way of replacing cover art but I....

1) Searched and found correct (or preferred) movie cover art and saved as 'folder.jpg' into the relevant film's folder overwriting the one currently there created by YAMMM.

2) Went to C:\ProgramData\Yammm\DvdCoverCache and found the cover art that I wanted to get rid of and deleted it.

3) Restarted media center and new artwork showing.

mikinho's picture

Thanks for the feedback! I'm debating a few ways to offer a UI to select alternate artwork or select a movie.

I really want to stay true to the original of Yammm that it does things without user interaction as much as possible but picking a preferred artwork is next to impossible with a GUI Smile

What I'm currently thinking is a simple web page that is served from Yammm that lets  you pick artwork and\or "fix" bad matches.

mikinho's picture

Btw, artwork * should * match the specified API language (your Windows locale language). If it doesn't, feel free to downvote the artwork or report it on http://themoviedb.org/ which will help fix issues for others as well.

Well only had to change a handful of covers out of 450 odd films.  Took 2 mins once I'd figured out how to do it so don't go making more work for yourself!

cheers

phil

Thanks for the quick reply...restarting the service fixed everything for me.
let me know where I can make a donation!  This media manager rocks and is so easy to use compared to the others...keeping it simple!!  The best way!!!

mikinho's picture

Just a reminder, if you are using Ceton MyMediaCenter please install the latest available. It will pull the latest Yammm so you dont' need to install both.

Michael

As a long time user of YAMMM, I say Thank you for updating. I noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago. I waited patiently along with the others and we are back on track again. Boo! to the moaners who were so impatient. As stated before it's a free perk from Michael, Sheez. Everybody is happy again!  

Thanks Michael... will try it right away.

Retried it and it worked this time, must have had a typo, but it pulled the wrong images across.

Saw Sorethumbs method and tried that, could not find the image that was being pulled for the other movie so deleted them all and removed folder from the movie folder too, still pulled the wrong image but in the dvdcache it had the right image.

Copied that to the movie folder and deleted the folder and original.jpg and weirdly it pulled the correct image this time.

Checked the xml in dvdinfocache and that matched the right movie too, so would seem all is well.

Maybe it got messed up from the previous files in the movie folder, not sure but works fine now Smile ty

mikinho's picture

Hi guys, after installing please let me know about the CPU and RAM usage. It should be lowered than previous version but want to make sure.

Thanks Michael -  1) I stop the Yammm service.  2) Then I had to delete the 300+ *.dvdid.xml files in my movie folders.  Then restarted the Yammm Service...and let the Yammm service rebuild the cache files and the *.dvdid.xml files within my Movie folder.

It seemed that Yammm didn't want to over write the existing dvdid.xml files that were already in the folders for each movie, from a previous metadata program or from my Auto Rip n Compress WMC plugin.  By not over writing the file, the WMC cache file didn't pick up the information.

All good now Smile

Again, thank you and please keep up the GREAT work.

Hi

I am new to yammm. I have run up the configurator. It allows me to add locations and change settings but does not save them. ie when I go back in to the configurator my library locations are not there. There is no error message when I click save having made changes.

Any ideas? Is there a file or registry entry I can manually edit if necessary.

Thanks

Login or register to post comments
Website design by Yammm Software