Opinions – New 3D TV – Which one?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Opinions – New 3D TV – Which one?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Techbutton
    Participant

If you were to go out today to purchase a new 3D TV, which one would you purchase and why?

Does not have to be a SmartTV.

babgvant

Budget?

> $1000 ST60 is a pretty safe bet, unless you want the VT.

Lower end, Samsung has a really good option (I bought one when we moved to the UK). I’ll look up the US model number if you’re interested.

Techbutton

Not too crazy, Do not want a 4K or UHD TV yet…

VT is a great option.. Anyone else?

phoneguyinpgh

I just bought a 65″ ZT60.  I’m still getting everything setup in my new game room after an 8 month remodling project.  I haven’t even calibrated it yet and I’m blown away.  If money is no concern, well I was looking foward to this before I even started the project.

phoneguyinpgh

I just bought a 65″ ZT60.  I’m still getting everything setup in my new game room after an 8 month remodling project.  I haven’t even calibrated it yet and I’m blown away.  If money is no concern, well I was looking foward to this before I even started the project.

oliverredfox

For 3D, I like my passive 3D LG 47LW5600 LCD over the active 3D Samsung PN50C675 Plasma I replaced with it.  I find passive glasses far more comfortable (less headache inducing for me) and good for crowds(bought a huge pack of glasses for cheap).  But I found the plasma nicer for 2D viewing.

These days, I pretty much use a laser/led projector for viewing on a huge screen and only breakout the 3D TV for just those titles.  And it’s a hit or miss if it’s better to watch 3D at 47″ or 2D at 120″.  If I redid my setup now, I’d problem look into a 3D compatible projector so I could get the best of both.

Techbutton

The passive is very attractive to me, and not having any of the kids break expensive glasses all the time. I am watching the LG’s. At CES in 2012 there were some impressive LG that I really liked, and those are now the ones to have. It may be in my line of sight, but the Panasonic’s are very nice too.. The choices..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.