Moving Sale : Z-Wave Items

Home Forums Hot Deals Moving Sale : Z-Wave Items

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Van Til
    Keymaster

I’m going to be moving in a few weeks, so I figured I’d give everyone here a crack a my Z-Wave home automation items before listing them on Ebay.

Prices are per item and negotiable if you buy multiples. Shipping is $5 per order (not per item).

oliverredfox

If I hadn’t just spent my mad money on an Oculus Rift, I’d be so tempted by these.  I used to have a x10 setup and loved it.  Until I moved into my current condo and started getting random phantom signals; random lights turning on at 3am eventually led to me pulling the system and selling it off.  I’m curious what you think of the z-wave; is it pretty good at filtering out random signals?

babgvant

I love it. No weirdness that I didn’t cause myself (e.g. DTB will launch Vera scenes in WMC, so I would find my “TV lights” on in the middle of the night when the system woke up to record something or do a backup).

Only selling it because it won’t work in the UK (different frequency/electrical system). Definitly going to build another system as soon as I can over there.

umdivx

getting out of automation or just doing something different? Anything you’d do differently after getting into it?

-Josh

babgvant

[quote=umdivx]

Anything you’d do differently after getting into it?

[/quote]

I can’t think of anything glaring. I started small with clear goals (door locks & basic family area lighting) and built up from there to include a security system, most of the lights in the house, the garage door, and some cameras. It will be really hard to go back to “normal” :).

If you have a huge house Z-Wave’s range might be an issue, but it wasn’t for me and there are workarounds (e.g. multiple orchestrated controllers) so I still think that Z-Wave is the right technology and Mi Casa Verde Vera the right controller in most cases. I plan to pick up another Vera and start over w/ UK kit when they get refreshed in a couple months.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.