InfiniTV 6 PCIe – InfiniTV 6 ETH

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion InfiniTV 6 PCIe – InfiniTV 6 ETH

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Night Rider
    Participant

InfiniTV 6 PCIe = $299

InfiniTV 6 PCIe is the most advanced internal cable TV tuner for the PC. With six tuners that require just one CableCARD™, InfiniTV 6 PCIe turns your desktop PC into a killer cable box and DVR. Never run out of tuners again when recording your favorite shows! If you want whole-home TV and DVR, simply pair your PC with one or more Ceton Echo media center extenders or an Xbox® 360 and enjoy live TV and DVR recordings on any TV set in any room. You can even start watching a show in one room, pause it and resume watching in another. Replace your expensive cable boxes and enjoy premium cable on TV sets throughout your home! With a Ceton InfiniTV your PC becomes that nirvana entertainment box you’ve always wanted. Have all your media — TV, DVR, music, photos, videos and Internet media services — available from one awesome device.

InfiniTV 6 ETH = $299

InfiniTV 6 ETH is the world’s most advanced network tuner for cable TV on the PC and a must-have accessory for Windows Media Center. It connects to your home network and lets you watch and record up to six live channels of HDTV on PCs throughout your home! Don’t settle for only being able to record two or three shows at once. Restore family harmony and never argue again over whose show should be recorded! InfiniTV 6 ETH works with Windows Media Center to turn virtually any style of PC into the ultimate cable box and DVR! It supports all cable TV channels, including premium channels like HBO®, Showtime® and Starz®.  When your PC is paired with a Ceton Echo media center extender or Xbox® 360, you can also watch TV and DVR on any TV set. Replace all your cable boxes and DVRs — and get rid of those expensive monthly fees — and enjoy your favorite shows in any room, all from a single cable connection and using a single CableCARD™. With a Ceton InfiniTV your PC becomes that nirvana entertainment box you’ve always wanted. Have all your media — TV, DVR, music, photos, videos and Internet media services — available from one awesome device.

babgvant

I’ve been waiting for this guy for forever. Glad it finally arrived.

jasondean

Any chance of a trade-in/trade-up offering? Please!!!!!!

captain_video

Any chance Ceton may be updating the ETH model to work with DLNA devices similar to the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime?  I’ve got my WDTV Live media player working with my HDHR Prime such that it not only allows me to watch live TV, but I can also play all of my Blu-Ray and DVD rips in mkv format streamed from my server.  It basically allows my WDTV Live to do what the Echo can’t.  A program guide would be nice, but there are lots of other ways to find out what’s on.

babgvant

I would guess that Ceton views its efforts to layer Android onto the Echo as an option for this use case + DVR.

BTW, does the WDTB Live support DCTP-IP? Cox copy-once’d most of the channels I watch live here, so I haven’t been able to use the HDHR’s feature much.

Night Rider

[quote=jasondean]

[/quote]

I would trade in one of my InfiniTV 4 PCIe towards a decent discount.

[quote=captain_video]

Any chance Ceton may be updating the ETH model to work with DLNA devices similar to the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime?[/quote]

+1 DLNA certification is a must have.
                That would be a huge plus to have on the InfiniTV 6 ETH
                Ceton would sell thousands having a DLNA cetified InfiniTV 6 ETH
                it would allow DLNA Blu-Ray players, DLNA TV’s to use the InfiniTV 6 ETH.

captain_video

[quote=babgvant]

BTW, does the WDTB Live support DCTP-IP? Cox copy-once’d most of the channels I watch live here, so I haven’t been able to use the HDHR’s feature much.

[/quote]

I have no idea.  I’m on FIOS and the only channels flagged are the premiums, none of which I am currently subscribed to.

captain_video

[quote=jasondean]

[/quote]

Any trade-in deals I’ve ever seen tend to give you much less for the original product than you’d get if you sold it outright.  I have a feeling we may start seeing an increase in the number of InfiniTV4’s on ebay when the InfiniTV6 gets released.  I’ve got two InfiniTV4’s in my HTPC, but six tuners would be the sweet spot for me.

babgvant

Ebay is the ultimate trade-in (up) program :).

PAPutzback

Any rumours out there about how the Xbox One will work with Media Center and Ceton Tuners?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.