Haswell Intel Mobos w/HTPC header?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Haswell Intel Mobos w/HTPC header?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have noticed the Intel BOXDH77DF mini-ITX motherboard with HTPC header has been discontinued. I was hoping to use this for the basis of my first HTPC build and take advantage of the unique HTPC header with the Pulse-Eight CEC controller.

Anybody know if Intel will be producing an 1150 socket Haswell based Mobo with the HTPC header?

babgvant

I’m not aware of one. The most likely candidate (an ITX board) on initial roadmaps never made it to market, most likely because Intel is exiting the retail market.

RMazurowski

[quote=babgvant]

I’m not aware of one. The most likely candidate (an ITX board) on initial roadmaps never made it to market, most likely because Intel is exiting the retail market.

[/quote]

Yeah, I was afraid that wuld happen 🙁

Looks like I should start searching for an Intel DQ77KB Ivybridge based mobo…

RMazurowski

[quote=babgvant]

[/quote]

Yeah, I was afraid that would happen 🙁

babgvant

[quote=RMazurowski]

Yeah, I was afraid that would happen 🙁

[/quote]

FWIW, I’d rather have Haswell and the external CEC connector than IVB. Hopefully not too much longer for desktop i3s.

RMazurowski

Sorry, refferenced the wrong Mobo…should have been BOXDH77DF (I don’t think that makes a difference anyway).

DonTHB

Is your preference for Haswell primarily embedded graphics or power requirements?

I am looking for a replacement ITX motherboard for my IVB. Is the ASRock H77MT-ITX going to be available in the US? Given the above, your interest in the ASRock is pretty low?

babgvant

[quote=DonTHB]

Is your preference for Haswell primarily embedded graphics or power requirements?

[/quote]

Mostly the GPU (more capable & refresh rate precision is finally where it should be), but also power consumption plays in as well – mostly for standby & idle.

[quote=DonTHB]

I am looking for a replacement ITX motherboard for my IVB. Is the ASRock H77MT-ITX going to be available in the US? Given the above, your interest in the ASRock is pretty low?

[/quote]

It’s unlikely that it will be sold in the US. I haven’t been able to find it anywhere and ASRock was really evasive on where/when it would be sold at retail.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.