First HTPC build questions

Home Forums Beginner General Questions First HTPC build questions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi first post

I have been looking at HTPC for awhile and decided my next computer build will be centered around it.

Its been awhile since I built a computer so technology has kinda passed me up some (5 years)

Anyway with my limited knowledge I came across this processor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116394&Tpk=i3-2100t

I figured it was cost effective enough for what I am doing.

So I was wondering which MOBO features are necessary and which can be left out?  I would like to try out a intel based board for this build.

I do plan on building on a Micro ATX platform. Also I want to use a ssd with W7 for applications and a large HDD for storage.

I will probably go with 4gb of ram at the fastest speed the MOBO can use.

I plan on picking out my parts and then figure out the PSU in order to avoid overkill.

I am not sure if gaming will be in the mix because I dont know the pros and cons if integrating it into a HTPC build.  Most likely I will concentrate on leaving it out, but would like to have the option.

I also would like to have onboard GPU along with HDMI to the TV.  But I still want the ability to install a standalone GPU at a later date.

Last thing I can think of at the moment is that I will be using cable TV and cable internet.

Another thing I would like is to be able to record my shows while at work (something like TIVO) and edit out commercials.  (Sorry I am very new to this, but I learn quick!!)

I thank everybody for any help.

Helen Olin
    Participant

I love your works it’s very nice, Appreciative to you any such beautiful combination for sharing this put up. worldsbestcookiedough

pankaj shiral
      Blocked

thanx for sharing..

pankaj shiral
        Blocked

thanx for sharing……….

alexfinn
          Participant

Paint By Numbers for Adults curates high-quality DIY paint by numbers kits that are sourced from the best designers and manufacturers in the world. Our company was founded in 2015 and since then we expanded our mission to promote the wonderful healing benefits of art therapy and mindfulness.

Anonymous

HIRE THE LEADING garage builders calgary: REMODELING CALGARY!
              If you are looking for garage professionals who bring years of construction experience and expertise, excellent customer service and dependability then Remodeling Calgary is your Calgary garage builder company. Not only do we offer landscaping services, but we are also a full service contracting company with the motive to help complete your home.

Anonymous

Cash Home Buyers Pro is a based home buying service that provides quick sale solutions to those who need to sell house fast San Jose .

Anonymous

The hippatraining.net is one of our strongest teams in our company with the Supremus group spearheading and offering HIPAA Training courses to different healthcare units at various levels. So far, our training techniques and approaches do leave us with a competitive edge in this field.

RuskinF
                  Blocked

One word Answer: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
                    This Motherboard would help you build your HTPC system.
                    It has all the features necessary for your HTPC.
                    Ensure that you have a proper power system in place to keep the motherboard safe of power fluctuations.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.