DVRMSToolbox, Showanalyzer, cablecards and copy protected shows

Home Forums Windows Media Center DVRMSToolbox, Showanalyzer, cablecards and copy protected shows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have not used DVRMSTB for while.  I was going to reinstall it today only to read a few posts stating SA will not scan copy protected shows.  Can someone tell me if this is true and if there is a workaround?

Aaron Ledger

Unfortunately, there are currently no commercial scanning software products available that can handle encrypted content. If you have some shows that are not protected, you could have those programs analyzed and easily configure DTB not to scan the programs containing protected content.

SJMaye

I was afraid of that.  Since moving I am now on a different cable TV service.  Almost everything is tagged copy protected.  Stuck.   Since the move I have had many problems I did not see before.  I guess they could be related to copy protection.  Sure wish i could defeat the encryption.  Not to steal.  Just to have less problems and use commercial skip.

Thanks for the info Aaron.

mpatnode

More importantly, SA often hangs when encountering copy protected shows.   I assume Comskip doesn’t have this problem.   Also SA development is pretty much dead.   I can’t even get their forum site anymore.   I suspect you could quickly add a DVRMSToolbox rule to not try to scan shows with the protection bit on.    I’m still using SA, but switching to Comskip is on my TODO list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.