Can you get WTV files to play on Vista?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Can you get WTV files to play on Vista?

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Millerisonway.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Can you get WTV files to play on Vista (stream from a 7 computer) without converting? Or is it possible to get 7MC to default record in .dvr-ms? I have a copy of Vista around and an extra computer. Really don’t want to spend more money than I have to for a computer we will use very little.

mikinho

Yes, download and install the TV Pack for Windows Vista Media Center.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960774

You’ll need to download from a torrent site or similar site though as it was released as an OEM update only.

Note: TV Pack was a horrible, poorly tested feature pack primarily designed for the Asian tuner market. If is fine if you are only looking for playback usage but otherwise stay clear.

Aaron Ledger

Your best bet is to convert files to dvrms. You can automate the process with DVRMSToolbox if it would help. Also, have you considered purchasing a Win7 upgrade license?

babgvant

I think the LAV Splitter (part of LAV Filters) includes support for WTV files w/o installing TV pack.

Bart Lee

I only know a way to convert WTV to Vista compatible format.

Recommend you Bigasoft WTV Converter.

Millerisonway

Faasoft’s great “Video Converter” is probably two of the best commercial choices though. I’ve been using it for a few years now. There is also a full guide about how to convert wtv file to dvrms.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.