Are either Ceton InfiniTV or HDHomeRun PRIME able to be configured to work with more than 3/4 devices just not at the sametim

Home Forums Home Theater Computers CableCARD Are either Ceton InfiniTV or HDHomeRun PRIME able to be configured to work with more than 3/4 devices just not at the sametim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Curious with my 5 Windows 7 PC’s in the house, 3 of which are actual Media PC’s hooked up to TV’s. Can I use either of these devices on all my PC’s just not more than the device has tuners for?

For example can I take the Prime and basically jump around what the 3 tuners are used for without having to reconfigure? Like if I am watching in the family room and want to record another show, can I just use 2 tuners while the wife uses the last tuner on one or the other TV upstairs?  If these tuners are basically set to the device and require full reconfiguration to get them to work on a different device then I will most like stay with the Ceton. If I can hot swap which device needs a tuner atm then the network only Prime seems like a better option.

Anyone?

jobenso

Prime offers so much more in the way of options, with Centon you are stuck with WMC being tied to a individual PC. Plus with the prime being networked, you can use other PCs (with WMC) and access the tuners. If you have an ipad you can use that as a viewing device and then there’s new beta firmware that adds DLNA support. The new versions of the prime will have hardware transcoding for better mobile device support.

Prime!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.