The MissingRemote Podcast - Episode 8
Thanks for joining us for our 8th installment of the Missing Remote Podcast! This month I wasn't able to join but Aaron Ledger (@Swoon_) took the helm and was joined by Andrew Van Til (@babgvant), Kyle Button (@techbutton) & Matt Miller (@millpub).
Enjoy the show as much as I did, all feedback is welcome!
- 0:00:00-0:01:48 - Intro
- 0:01:48-0:00:00 - Windows 8 will have WMC
- 0:12:00-0:26:22 - Dolby Licensing Questions for Windows 8
- 0:26:22-0:43:00 - SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME, Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650, Ceton InfiniTV 4 USB
- 0:43:00-1:01:40 - Polls of the Month: Do you utilize commercial skipping software?
- 1:01:40-1:06:30 - Poll Results: (396 votes) How Much More are You Willing to Pay for Blu-ray Playback Capability (Hardware + Software) in your HTPC vs. DVD?
- 1:06:30-1:07:53 - New Poll: Do You Have External Media Storage?
- 1:08:00-1:20:21 - Question( of the Month (Ask The Panel): I have never used an SSD before, what do I need to do differently from using a hard drive?
- 1:20:30-2:10:00 - Topic of the Month:Filters, Codecs, Containers Splitters
- 2:10:00-2:12:58 - Wrap-Up
Don't forget to partake in our Poll of the month question.
And lastly, let us know how you feel about the podcast! What you liked/didn't like, what you'd like to hear discussed...any and all feedback is welcome!
As we mention in the podcast, we are continuing our request for an "Ask the Panel" item where we will take a question or topic suggested by comments to this thread and will discuss in detail.
Click the image to download the podcast