I need some help choosing some good media extenders. This is my current setup and what I am looking for.
My current setup consists of a server which contains pretty much all of my storage space. It has three TV tuners in it. It Runs Windows XP with Sage TV 5 (Soon to be 6). The server sits in my basement. I am currently using my moded XBOX to access my networked shares and the Sage client using a script for the XBOX.
I have three TV's in my house and have Gigabit Ethernet running to all the rooms in my house. So connectivity is not an issue. My XBOX is old and slowly dying, plus it is to loud for my tastes.
I am looking for the following.
1. A device that will allow me to access my files over the network.
2. The device needs to be able to play XVID, DivX, MP3, MPEG 1, 2, AC3, DTS, VOB, and H.264.
3. The following formats would be nice, but not a deal breaker, ASF, WMV, AAC, OGG, ISO, IMG, and MKV. I understand that the WMV and AAC formats come in DRM form in many cases. I am not worried about playing those types.
4. Perfered Fiber out but Coaxial will do for sound. At least 5.1 if not higher.
5. Component, DVI, or HDMI, and the ability to display in at least 480P.
6. Something that is fairly quiet. I consider the XBOX, not the 360 but the original XBOX to be to loud if that helps at all.
7. The ability to run the Sage TV client would be a nice feature, but is not absolutely needed. If running the sage client isn't a possibility, a web browser would be nice to be able to access Sage through the browser.
8. The ability to create play lists.
8. A price around 300 to 400 is my target.
I would go with the Apple TV product but the integration into Itunes is not appealing and I don't see any support for XVID on it.
Any suggestions anyone has would be great.