Need help in configuring Omaura OLED Unit

Aug 31 2008

I hope it's the right place for this thread...and if not, I APOLOGIZE.

I need help in configuring my OLED Unit, installed inside my TF-8 Case.

It's already connected to the USB Header on my Gigabyte G45 motherboard and after installing the OLED's driver and control software I even got it once to display the TIME.

But...after a reboot, it stopped working and now, even after trying to uninstall and reinstall the software nothing helps...

I read over some some forums about some other people that had the same problem, but after re-install everything was OK.

This is not my case...Sad

Any help/advice will be appreciated... Wink

Support for Omaura is now non-existant, as is Omaura, so this is a good place to start.

I don't have the OLED so I can't help you with that, but when I installed the Omaura IR Remote Kit into my TF11, it caused all sorts of problems, including trashing something in the Nvidia drivers that prevented Media Center from working. Oh, and the remote still did not work.  >:(

I tore everything out again, double-checked all the wires, put it back together and still no luck. I am now stuck with a defective case, with a defective remote, from a now defunct company.  Sad

Oildalemonkey wrote:

Support for Omaura is now non-existant, as is Omaura, so this is a good place to start.

Really???  Shock That's too bad  :'(

But what happened? Did they close??? At least I got my Omaura TF-8 Case from them.

Hopefully I'll find someone who knows how to deal with the OLED unit???  ???

Thanks anyway... Wink

All  know is their website is down, so I'm making the assumption they folded up their tent and went home to count gold medals.  ^-^

In my searching of the internets, I see quite a few people are having problems with the OLED, but there are very few solid fixes, other than what you have tried already.

Oildalemonkey wrote:

All  know is their website is down, so I'm making the assumption they folded up their tent and went home to count gold medals.  ^-^

In my searching of the internets, I see quite a few people are having problems with the OLED, but there are very few solid fixes, other than what you have tried already.

I even tried to contact by email some people from their staff whom I've been in contact with and I'm getting no reply... ???

So this is just makes me more suspicious that something 'went wrong' with Omaura.  Sad

It's bad there are too many problems with that OLED without decent support.  >:(

Thanks for the trying to help and I'll see if I can't find some solutions over the internet.

I'll post in the forums once (and if) I'll find a solution...

Thanks anyway... Wink

Can you find the oem of the OLED? Seems as though I have read a blog by MorleyDigital that at one time in the Omaura dream they had problems with the oem of the OLED getting though a manufacturing issue. Maybe MorleyDigital can email you more info if they haven't washed their hands of the whole project. Way too bad as I had hoped to use the TF11 in a fall / winter build. Nice case though

gwynethh wrote:

Can you find the oem of the OLED? Seems as though I have read a blog by MorleyDigital that at one time in the Omaura dream they had problems with the oem of the OLED getting though a manufacturing issue. Maybe MorleyDigital can email you more info if they haven't washed their hands of the whole project. Way too bad as I had hoped to use the TF11 in a fall / winter build. Nice case though

What do you mean by the 'OEM' of the OLED???

Do you mean its serial number?

If so, I guess it'll be hard for me to do it, as I'll have to open up the case and even then, I'll have to remove some of the parts in order to see its number... :-\

I'll try to see what I can do...

Thanks... Wink

oem original equipment manufacturer. The guys who actually made the OLED desplay. Probably NOT Omaura China

gwynethh wrote:

oem original equipment manufacturer. The guys who actually made the OLED desplay. Probably NOT Omaura China

How can I know who the oem is/was??? I already threw to the garbage the package of the OLED unit... Sad And beside that, how will it help me if I knew the oem name???


I've already viewed this post and found nothing helpful... Sad

BTW...I found some newer drivers for the FTDI chip that is used in the OLED unit over http://www.ftdichip.com.

I'll try to remove my current driver and install this one...I'm quite skeptic, but maybe it'll help... :Smile

zachig wrote:

How can I know who the oem is/was??? I already threw to the garbage the package of the OLED unit... Sad

It's possible the info might be on the unit itself.

zachig wrote:

And beside that, how will it help me if I knew the oem name???

Knowing who makes the unit might mean knowing where to find drivers, support and other info regarding it. Just like with anything else you buy that's rebranded by someone else.

jennyfur wrote:

zachig wrote:

How can I know who the oem is/was??? I already threw to the garbage the package of the OLED unit... Sad

It's possible the info might be on the unit itself.

zachig wrote:

And beside that, how will it help me if I knew the oem name???

Knowing who makes the unit might mean knowing where to find drivers, support and other info regarding it. Just like with anything else you buy that's rebranded by someone else.

OK...Got ya... Wink

Honestly, I don't care too much if the OLED unit works or not, as I have the main display on my TV (when playing music, for example). But of course, I'd be happier if it worked.  ;D

Since trying to find out who the oem is, requires me to open up my case and (maybe) removing some parts, I think it'll take me some time till I'll do it, as I don't wanna open my case, at least not in the next few days... Wink

Thanks again for your help and advice and for the meantime, I'll try the driver from the site I found...

I'll keep you updated... Wink

Best of luck. keep us informed if you can. Omaura sure looked like a winner. Maybe someone will pick up the ball from them and clean up the problems.

gwynethh wrote:

Best of luck. keep us informed if you can. Omaura sure looked like a winner. Maybe someone will pick up the ball from them and clean up the problems.

Thanks again and I'll surely keep you updated... Wink

Does anyone have the drivers and instructions (or knowof a link to them) for the Omaura OLED? I've just received my OLED, and as Omaura seem to have vanished from the web, I can't get at the drivers and instructions.

Also, when my OLED arrived, it only contained the display itself. No cables, screws or documentation. Is this right?

iandunn wrote:

Does anyone have the drivers and instructions (or knowof a link to them) for the Omaura OLED? I've just received my OLED, and as Omaura seem to have vanished from the web, I can't get at the drivers and instructions.

Also, when my OLED arrived, it only contained the display itself. No cables, screws or documentation. Is this right?


If you've got an Omaura case, cables are in the case. Documentation does not exist. Screws also came with the case.

If you want me to send you the drivers, send me a PM. I downloaded them @ 14th June.

iandunn wrote:

Does anyone have the drivers and instructions (or knowof a link to them) for the Omaura OLED? I've just received my OLED, and as Omaura seem to have vanished from the web, I can't get at the drivers and instructions.

Also, when my OLED arrived, it only contained the display itself. No cables, screws or documentation. Is this right?


BTW, I've tried uninstalling the current drivers and installing the latest drivers I could find, but still...NO GO!!!  :(

I also got only the unit itself and a 4-pin regular cable.

If you didn't get the cable, just use/buy any cheap 4pin cable than can connect from the 4pin connector at the back of the OLED unit to one of the 4pin USB headers on your motherboard.

Oh...and since I'm not at home, I can't provide you the Omaura Drivers/Software I have, but the ones from HFX (see below) are EXACTLY the ones from Omaura!

Here's the OLED Installation Manual:
http://www.hifiatx.com/ftp/manuals/OLED.pdf

And here's the Software:
http://www.hifiatx.com/ftp/software/oled-software.zip

OH...And I've also found newer Drivers (see below) for the FTDI Chip of the OLED Unit:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.04.06%20WHQL%20Certified.zip

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!  ;)

Hopefully you'll be luckier then me in getting it to work... :-\

Keep us updated and...GOOD LUCK!  ;)

Muyz wrote:
If you've got an Omaura case, cables are in the case. Documentation does not exist. Screws also came with the case.

If you want me to send you the drivers, send me a PM. I downloaded them @ 14th June.

Did you get your drivers from Omaura website? (before it went down)?

Did you manage to install your OLED properly? Which OS do you have?

I tried EVERYTHING and just can get my OLED to work on Vista Media Center (Vista Ultimate 64-bit)... Sad

zachig wrote:

(Vista Ultimate 64-bit)... Sad

That might be your problem....

Maybe???  Sad

But I still prefer to stick with the 64-bit version. So far...everything else works GREAT and I don't feel like formatting and reinstalling everything... :-\

zachig wrote:

Maybe???  Sad

But I still prefer to stick with the 64-bit version. So far...everything else works GREAT and I don't feel like formatting and reinstalling everything... :-\

What does work and what doesn't? Do your drivers install correctly?

I use Vista Ultimate 32bit.

I downloaded the OLED application sources. If you're an experienced programmer (like I am Smile), you can do the same, build the application, and start debugging. I only have 32bit Vista installed, so cannot debug 64bit for you.

Muyz wrote:
What does work and what doesn't? Do your drivers install correctly?

I use Vista Ultimate 32bit.

I downloaded the OLED application sources. If you're an experienced programmer (like I am Smile), you can do the same, build the application, and start debugging. I only have 32bit Vista installed, so cannot debug 64bit for you.

Like I said...EVERYTHING is working GREAT except the OLED unit. I can't get it to work at all.

The driver installed properly and even the software...but when I launch the software nothing appears on the OLED itself.

BTW, in the 'DEBUG' tab I'm selecting COM3 (which is where the USB OLED was detected as a 'virtual' COM) and then, 'CONNECT'. It gets 'connected' but nothing happens... Sad

BTW, what does the '500,000' means, is this the Baud Rate in which the OLED works???

I've tried changing it also to 9600, 57600, 460800, 920K...and NOTHING... :-\

I know I'm using Vista 64-bit and this might be the problem, but what makes me wonder, is that I got it once to work, though it displayed only the 'Time', but after a reboot, it totally stopped working... Sad

Unfortunately, I'm NOT and experienced programmer, so I have no use for the source code... Sad

Does it work on your 32-bit Vista? Did you have to do some modifications in the source code in order to get it to work or did it work right 'out-of-the-box'?

If you'll recompile for me the source code, will it make any difference?

Thanks anyway... Wink

zachig wrote:

Like I said...EVERYTHING is working GREAT except the OLED unit. I can't get it to work at all.

The driver installed properly and even the software...but when I launch the software nothing appears on the OLED itself.

BTW, in the 'DEBUG' tab I'm selecting COM3 (which is where the USB OLED was detected as a 'virtual' COM) and then, 'CONNECT'. It gets 'connected' but nothing happens... Sad

BTW, what does the '500,000' means, is this the Baud Rate in which the OLED works???

I've tried changing it also to 9600, 57600, 460800, 920K...and NOTHING... :-\

It's the baudrate that is used over the serial port. You can change it to whatever you like, since the source code uses a hardcoded value of 500000, and not what the user interface says...

zachig wrote:

I know I'm using Vista 64-bit and this might be the problem, but what makes me wonder, is that I got it once to work, though it displayed only the 'Time', but after a reboot, it totally stopped working... Sad

Until now, I have not seen anything in the code that leads me to believe that this will not work on x64. If it worked once, we should be able to get it up and running again Smile One (obvious) question: you did reinstall the drivers and app, right?

zachig wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm NOT and experienced programmer, so I have no use for the source code... Sad

Bummer, since it is so much easier to find the real problem using the debugger. Maybe I can extract a small piece of code to just put some text on the display.

zachig wrote:

Does it work on your 32-bit Vista? Did you have to do some modifications in the source code in order to get it to work or did it work right 'out-of-the-box'?

For me, it worked immediately, without manipulating the source code. Actually, I just downloaded the sources this afternoon. The screen's been working for over a month now.

Unfortunately, the sources only compile out-of-the-box. The application crashes immediately. Also the installer scripts are broken. I've spent a few hours now repairing most of the issues, but I have a few issues left. I am now installing Visual Studio 2008 on my HTPC to debug the application...

zachig wrote:

If you'll recompile for me the source code, will it make any difference?

Thanks anyway... Wink

Using the latest version of the source code may indeed help, but I first have to get things working over here. As said, I can make a scaled-down version of the app that just puts some text on the display. This enables you to check the basic 'infrastructure'.

Well, here it is; that didn't take long Wink : a small application that iterates over your serial ports looking for the OLED display. If it finds one, it tells you at what serial port. Moreover, it puts the word "OmauraOLEDTest" on the display.

Since the upload folder of "Missing Remote" apparently is full, I host the file myself. You can find it here.

Note: don't run this application from a network drive, but from a local harddrive.

Edit: I just managed to build and run the OLED application that Omaura put on Google. It required some tweaking. The source code and installer script contained bugs. Also, a DLL was missing from the distribution. I will continue working on the sources.

Hi Muyz, I sent you a pm, but I managed to figure out the svn interface to get the source. I'll have to look at it to see how things are. If you want to share any edits you had to make to speed things up, that would be great. Regardless, I'd love to hear any insights you may have. I'm looking forward to playing with this code.

Muyz wrote:
Since the upload folder of "Missing Remote" apparently is full, I host the file myself.

LOL!  Still?!  Where's an admin when you need one?  :@:

wait... what upload folder? You mean the attachments in the forum? I just upped the total space for attachments to 50MB, it was only 10MB of space for all attachments from all users. But also note that the attachments have a limit of like 1MB per post, so I'm not sure what limit you're hitting.

Just another way the MAN tries to keep us down!  O0

Matt wrote:
the attachments have a limit of like 1MB per post, so I'm not sure what limit you're hitting.

I'm talking 12 kB  ;D

bholmes111 wrote:

Hi Muyz, I sent you a pm, but I managed to figure out the svn interface to get the source. I'll have to look at it to see how things are. If you want to share any edits you had to make to speed things up, that would be great. Regardless, I'd love to hear any insights you may have. I'm looking forward to playing with this code.

Didn't you receive my two emails?

Of course, I am willing to share changes I made to the source code. The interesting question is how... The best way would be to become a developer in Google Code's project and put my code changes there. I sent the owner of the project a request. However, Omaura's website is down, as you know. Since I've sent a few emails to Omaura of which none have been replied, I doubt whether I'll get an answer. I would have to look into the license agreement to see what is possible in case Omaura does not answer. Maybe it is allowed to fork and start an own Sourceforge or Google Code project. For the time being, I am afraid the best way of sharing code is me zipping it and sending it to you. Unless someone else has a bright idea  Smile

I got your emails. Thanks! It would be nice to have a repository for the code. Maybe you could get in touch with Tobias using his Osding info.

Tobias Montagna-Hay
MSN: Osding@hotmail.com
support@osding.com Technical support:
media@osding.com Media:
oem@osding.com ODM, OEM:

Muyz wrote:

Well, here it is; that didn't take long Wink : a small application that iterates over your serial ports looking for the OLED display. If it finds one, it tells you at what serial port. Moreover, it puts the word "OmauraOLEDTest" on the display.

Since the upload folder of "Missing Remote" apparently is full, I host the file myself. You can find it here.

Note: don't run this application from a network drive, but from a local harddrive.

Edit: I just managed to build and run the OLED application that Omaura put on Google. It required some tweaking. The source code and installer script contained bugs. Also, a DLL was missing from the distribution. I will continue working on the sources.

THANKS A LOT. I've just downloaded your piece of software and I'm going to give it a try.

I'm sure I resintalled the software and drivers and the drivers installed successfully...or at least, it looks like it... Wink

I really hope you piece of software is going to work, then I might get some hope to be able to run my OLED unit.  ;D

I'm going to try it right away and I'll keep you updated... Wink

In case it WILL work, like I asked before, is there a chance you'll be able to compile for me the whole source code so I'll be able to try it as well???

Thanks again...

BAD NEWS!!!

I've resintalled again the driver and it DID detect USB Device on COM3.

Then, I've tested your 'OLED Test' software and after scanning my COM ports, it says "No Device Detected"... Sad

BTW, the drivers I got from Omaura website, I can't get them to install, so I've download CDM version 2.04 from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.04.06%20WHQL%20Certified.zip

Then, I'm able to install the driver. And I've used these drivers already when I once managed to get the 'Time' to display on the OLED unit...

Is there a chance I'm installing the WRONG driver???

Damn...I was hoping that YOUR code will work... Sad

Any more ideas??? I'm getting desperate... ???

zachig wrote:

BAD NEWS!!!

I've resintalled again the driver and it DID detect USB Device on COM3.

Then, I've tested your 'OLED Test' software and after scanning my COM ports, it says "No Device Detected"... Sad

BTW, the drivers I got from Omaura website, I can't get them to install, so I've download CDM version 2.04 from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.04.06%20WHQL%20Certified.zip

Then, I'm able to install the driver. And I've used these drivers already when I once managed to get the 'Time' to display on the OLED unit...

Is there a chance I'm installing the WRONG driver???

Damn...I was hoping that YOUR code will work... Sad

Any more ideas??? I'm getting desperate... ???

I am sorry to hear it still does not work. The protocol of determining whether an OLED is connected is trivial: send two bytes, read a string. If the string equals "OLED", the OLED is present. Not very much to debug... I'll adjust the app to print out the string that is read (maybe the OLED answers by sending a weird string or so). Have you tried attaching the screen to a different PC just to see that it is still working?

I modified the OLED test program somewhat. It now displays logging information. Maybe this helps. While testing myself, I noticed the program did not find an OLED while the Omaura application was running. Apparently, if the port is already opened, the OLED cannot be found.

The string that is read from the OLED is "OLED v2.0". Apparently, different versions of the OLED exist.

The new application is available for download here.

Muyz wrote:

I modified the OLED test program somewhat. It now displays logging information. Maybe this helps. While testing myself, I noticed the program did not find an OLED while the Omaura application was running. Apparently, if the port is already opened, the OLED cannot be found.

The string that is read from the OLED is "OLED v2.0". Apparently, different versions of the OLED exist.

The new application is available for download here.

Thanks!  ;D I'll give your new software version a try this evening.

I'm trusting you my friend, I really hope that with your help I'll manage to get my OLED working eventually... ::)  Wink

BTW, if device manager says the USB to COM (COM3) driver was installed properly, does it really mean that it was installed properly???

I've also tried to uninstall the driver and then let windows find the right driver online and it DID found it (version 2.4.6...).

Oh...and I don't know if it helps, but it seems that the OLED is at least not 'dead', as I opened my case a bit and looked inside and at the back of the OLED unit there is a small BLUE LED which is on, so I guess at least the OLED is getting power from the OLED.

One more thing...When I tried your 'OLED Test' code, the Omaura OLED software was NOT in the background.

Anyway, I'm still crossing my fingers that at least your code will work on my OLED unit and then we can progess further...

Thanks again and I'll keep you updated... Wink

Muyz wrote:
I am sorry to hear it still does not work. The protocol of determining whether an OLED is connected is trivial: send two bytes, read a string. If the string equals "OLED", the OLED is present. Not very much to debug... I'll adjust the app to print out the string that is read (maybe the OLED answers by sending a weird string or so). Have you tried attaching the screen to a different PC just to see that it is still working?

Yep...That's too bad. I was damn sure it was going to work.

I guess that if I won't be able to make it work in the next few days, next weekend, I'll remove it from my case and test it on another PC.

I'm also going to try (hopefully today) to move the USB Cable/Plug of the OLED Unit to a different USB Header. Maybe it will help... :Smile

I've also download a 'special' cleaning tool from FTDICHIP website that removes COMPLETELY the remains of the FTDI (FTD2XX) drivers and then, I'll try to reinstall the driver.

And then...I'll try again your revised 'OLED Test' Software.

I'm running out of ideas...I'm a bit skeptic, but I'm still hoping it'll work eventually... ???

zachig wrote:

Muyz wrote:
I am sorry to hear it still does not work. The protocol of determining whether an OLED is connected is trivial: send two bytes, read a string. If the string equals "OLED", the OLED is present. Not very much to debug... I'll adjust the app to print out the string that is read (maybe the OLED answers by sending a weird string or so). Have you tried attaching the screen to a different PC just to see that it is still working?

Yep...That's too bad. I was damn sure it was going to work.

I guess that if I won't be able to make it work in the next few days, next weekend, I'll remove it from my case and test it on another PC.

I'm also going to try (hopefully today) to move the USB Cable/Plug of the OLED Unit to a different USB Header. Maybe it will help... :Smile

I've also download a 'special' cleaning tool from FTDICHIP website that removes COMPLETELY the remains of the FTDI (FTD2XX) drivers and then, I'll try to reinstall the driver.

And then...I'll try again your revised 'OLED Test' Software.

I'm running out of ideas...I'm a bit skeptic, but I'm still hoping it'll work eventually... ???

Indeed, these seem good steps. You will try again later today, right? Just curious  Wink

Muyz wrote:

zachig wrote:

Muyz wrote:
I am sorry to hear it still does not work. The protocol of determining whether an OLED is connected is trivial: send two bytes, read a string. If the string equals "OLED", the OLED is present. Not very much to debug... I'll adjust the app to print out the string that is read (maybe the OLED answers by sending a weird string or so). Have you tried attaching the screen to a different PC just to see that it is still working?

Yep...That's too bad. I was damn sure it was going to work.

I guess that if I won't be able to make it work in the next few days, next weekend, I'll remove it from my case and test it on another PC.

I'm also going to try (hopefully today) to move the USB Cable/Plug of the OLED Unit to a different USB Header. Maybe it will help... :Smile

I've also download a 'special' cleaning tool from FTDICHIP website that removes COMPLETELY the remains of the FTDI (FTD2XX) drivers and then, I'll try to reinstall the driver.

And then...I'll try again your revised 'OLED Test' Software.

I'm running out of ideas...I'm a bit skeptic, but I'm still hoping it'll work eventually... ???

Indeed, these seem good steps. You will try again later today, right? Just curious  Wink

Yep...Hopefully I'll manage to try again this evening. I'll surely keep you updated... Wink

Thanks again for your GREAT help and I'm sure that with your help WE will eventually get it to work on my machine as well... ;D

OK...I have GOOD as well as BAD news:

After plugging out the USB Cable of the OLED unit, I've removed COMPLETELY any remains of the drivers and then...plugged the cable back in and reinstalled the drivers.

First thing I did AFTER driver was installed successfully and BEFORE installing Omaura Software was to test your 'OLED Test' application. And guess what??? IT WORKED!!!  ;D

Then, I've installed Omaura Software and it showed again the 'Time' on the OLED Display.

But...as soon as I tried to select a theme, the application crashed and I couldn't bring the Display back, until I again unpluged the USB Cable, reinstalled drivers and plugged cable back in... Sad

I tried the same thing at least 3 times and everytime, the same sH%^$# happens!!!  >:(

So, at least now I know how to make it 'semi-work'.

If I don't 'touch' anything I've getting the 'Time Display' only, but the 'Time Display' keeps showing ALL THE TIME, even when playing movies, videos, music, etc... Sad

Any more ideas???  ???

Maybe (and if...) you'll have your 'modified'/'fixed' compiled version (based on the source code), maybe then it'll work for me... :Smile

Any chance you'll be able to do it for me/us???

Great! We're getting somewhere!

I *do* have a compiled version of the application available. I am fixing several crashes, however, also in the area of selecting a theme Smile If you want the current version anyway, let me know.

As to the problem of nothing showing but the clock, I have something for you to sort out (I haven't got 64bit Vista installed, as you know). Media Center 'notifies' the OLED application by calling a DLL in the application directory. The location of this file is in the registry. In your case, the registry *may* be pointing to the wrong file location.

1. Check whether the omaura oled application is in the 32bit Program Files directory named 'Program Files (x86)'. In this directory, a file named 'MSASState.dll' should be present. Let me know in case it is installed in the 'regular' program files location (which in your case is only for 64 bit applications). This is wrong.
2. Start regedit and find:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{380AA9F1-5047-40D0-8BE9-18AB489CA469}\InprocServer32]
Look at the value of the key named 'CodeBase'. The value should be
file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/omaura/omaura oled/MSASState.dll and NOT
file:///C:/Program Files/omaura/omaura oled/MSASState.dll

(I am assuming you installed the application on your C: drive)

If the location is wrong, adjust the registry value and reboot (!). Hopefully, you get some more info on the OLED now...

Edit: If not, you can check whether Media Center status updates are correctly received by MSASState.dll by putting the file in the attached zipfile in the directory containing the dll. If information is transferred correctly, you can look into MSASState.log and see what's playing in Media Center. Note: reboot after copying the config file to the proper location.

Thanks A LOT my friend!  ;D I'll surely try what you suggested.  Wink

Like I said in my previous post, everytime I 'played' a bit with the Omaura application, it suddently crashed and/or 'Clock Display' dissappeared and the only way to bring it back was to Unplug the USB Cables, remove drivers, then plug cable back in and reinstall drivers and software.

Now...after trying it for 3 or 4 times, I can't get the Omaura OLED Control software to work at all... Sad Even when 'cleaning' and reinstalling everything, as soon as the application launches it CRASHES TO DESKTOP!  Sad Any ideas how to solve this??? I think I have some remains of the software somwhere (maybe in the registry) that prevent me from running it properly... Sad

I'll try it again one more time today... Wink

Is there a chance you can send me your 'compiled' version, even though it's not 'completed' yet???

I bet it'll be more stable than the one I'm currently using... Laughing out loud

Thanks again for your GREAT help and I'll keep you updated...

zachig wrote:

Thanks A LOT my friend!  ;D I'll surely try what you suggested.  Wink

You're most welcome. I like to help out and for me it's a good way of getting to learn the code (to be able to improve quality and add features later on) and to get to learn Windows Presentation Framework, Subversion, Google Code, etc. etc.  ;D

zachig wrote:

Like I said in my previous post, everytime I 'played' a bit with the Omaura application, it suddently crashed and/or 'Clock Display' dissappeared and the only way to bring it back was to Unplug the USB Cables, remove drivers, then plug cable back in and reinstall drivers and software.

Now...after trying it for 3 or 4 times, I can't get the Omaura OLED Control software to work at all... Sad Even when 'cleaning' and reinstalling everything, as soon as the application launches it CRASHES TO DESKTOP!  Sad Any ideas how to solve this??? I think I have some remains of the software somwhere (maybe in the registry) that prevent me from running it properly... Sad

There are a lot of bugs in the code, but hey, it was alpha software  Wink I removed some very obvious ones, but there will be bugs left (as always Wink)

Does the application crash when you're not using its graphical interface? That is a bit weird; I've never had that. I think the uninstaller is okay. It removes the single registry key that is created upon installation.  Is there an update for your USB drivers available? If so, try it.

Does my test application work? Remove the Omaura appliation from your startup folder so it does not start automatically. If it crashes, it may leave the port open so it blocks access for the test application. (Or just remove your previous Omaura software altogether Smile)

zachig wrote:

I'll try it again one more time today... Wink

Only one more time?  :Smile

zachig wrote:

Is there a chance you can send me your 'compiled' version, even though it's not 'completed' yet???

I bet it'll be more stable than the one I'm currently using... Laughing out loud

Thanks again for your GREAT help and I'll keep you updated...

I put the new project in Google Code. You can access the source files and binary here: http://code.google.com/p/omauraoleddisplay/.

Now, you can only download the sources; later today I will make the installer available as a download. Be sure to use the default theme since that one works best. Remember to change the registry setting as described in my previous posting on 64bit Vista!!

Hope this helps; have fun, and keep me posted plz  Wink

Muyz wrote:
You're most welcome. I like to help out and for me it's a good way of getting to learn the code (to be able to improve quality and add features later on) and to get to learn Windows Presentation Framework, Subversion, Google Code, etc. etc.  ;D

Hehehe!!! You're not the only one earning from it... Wink Hehehe... ;D

Muyz wrote:
There are a lot of bugs in the code, but hey, it was alpha software  Wink I removed some very obvious ones, but there will be bugs left (as always Wink)

Does the application crash when you're not using its graphical interface? That is a bit weird; I've never had that. I think the uninstaller is okay. It removes the single registry key that is created upon installation.  Is there an update for your USB drivers available? If so, try it.

Does my test application work? Remove the Omaura appliation from your startup folder so it does not start automatically. If it crashes, it may leave the port open so it blocks access for the test application. (Or just remove your previous Omaura software altogether Smile)

Yes, currently (as I left it last evening), as soon as the application starts, it crashes, before I even reach the GUI. Weird...I know... Sad

Your 'Test' application works, even right after Omaura application crashes, so I guess it doesn't leave the Port 'open' when it crashes... :Smile

As far as I know, there's no update for my USB drivers and I'm running the latest Vista SP1... :Smile

Muyz wrote:
Only one more time?  :Smile

Maybe I got carried away. If I got it a few times to run, I bet can make it run again... ;D

Muyz wrote:
I put the new project in Google Code. You can access the source files and binary here: http://code.google.com/p/omauraoleddisplay/.

Now, you can only download the sources; later today I will make the installer available as a download. Be sure to use the default theme since that one works best. Remember to change the registry setting as described in my previous posting on 64bit Vista!!

Hope this helps; have fun, and keep me posted plz  Wink

THANKS!!! Since (unfortunately) I'm not an expert programmer, I have no use for the source and binary codes for the time being. But, it'll be SUPER if you can compile for me the installer so I'll be able to try it when I'll get back home from work (in about 3-4 hours)... Wink

I REALLY HOPE THAT WITH YOUR COMPLIATION IT'LL FINALLY WORK!!!

Thanks again, I'll keep you updated...(as always... Wink)

The installer is available for download on the OmauraOLEDDisplay project's download page. I fixed another few bugs. The GUI seems to be quite stable now. If you encounter issues, please let me know, preferably on the project issue list, but via this forum or MSN is also fine. Don't forget about fixing the registry after installation...  Wink

Muyz wrote:

The installer is available for download on the OmauraOLEDDisplay project's download page. I fixed another few bugs. The GUI seems to be quite stable now. If you encounter issues, please let me know, preferably on the project issue list, but via this forum or MSN is also fine. Don't forget about fixing the registry after installation...  Wink

THANKS A LOT!!!  ;D

You can't imagine how happy I am that I met you over the forums and that you're able to help me (as well as many other having problems with their OLED Unit)!!! Wink

I bet I'll thank you many more times after I'll try it and it'll work (hopefully).

I'm on my way home soon (from work) and hopefully I'll be able to test it this evening (as my wife wants us to go out for dinner... :-\ and you can imagine, I'm eager to try it... ;D)

I'll head now to google to download the installer and like I said, I'll hopefully give it a try tonight and I really hope that this time it'll work!!!  :Smile

Just to make things clear...Do I need to set-up some themes or just install it (without touching anything) and use the 'default' theme and should it work 'right-out-of-the-box' after installation???

THANKS AGAIN and I'll keep you updated... Wink

WOOHOO!!! IT'S FINALLY WORKING!!  ;D

As soon as I came back home from work, I installed YOUR compilation from scratch (did FULL removal of the previous version and resintalled the drivers like in the previous times) and...IT WORKED 'Right-Out-Of-The-Box'!!! ;D

I'm so happy that with your GREAT help, muyz, I was able to finally get my OLED to work!!!

THANKS A LOT!!!

I'm currently using the 'default' theme and 'dying' to try some other thems, but I'm too afraid to 'touch' anything, as I'm too afraid it stop working... Laughing out loud

Is it 'safe' to do it???

I'll keep working/testing it for the next few days and I'll surely let you know if I find some bugs and/or have any feature requests!  Wink

FEEL FREE to ask me if you want me to be your 'Beta Tester' for new software features and/or new/improved versions!  Wink

THANKS A LOT (again) and we'll keep in touch...that's for sure!  Smile

Great! That's SO good to hear Laughing out loud

You can change the default theme to someting else (only 3D included, but does not work properly). The GUI hasn't died on me for a day now Smile

You had to change the registry, right?

Looking forward to hearing more feedback. In the meantime: enjoy your OLED Smile

Keep an eye on this forum or the Google Code project pages for updates to the application.

Muyz wrote:

Great! That's SO good to hear Laughing out loud

You can change the default theme to someting else (only 3D included, but does not work properly). The GUI hasn't died on me for a day now Smile

You had to change the registry, right?

Looking forward to hearing more feedback. In the meantime: enjoy your OLED Smile

Keep an eye on this forum or the Google Code project pages for updates to the application.

Thanks!!!  ;D

So far, the GUI already died on me once... Sad While I was switching between TV and Music, suddently the OLED stopped responding. So, when I exit Media Center back to Desktop, I saw NO message of program crash, but when I hovered the mouse of the OLED icon in the system tray, it closed automatically. But then, I restarted the application and so far so good.  Smile

I got both the '3D' and 'Round' themes from the 'Resources' library on the Omaura Source Code.

I might give it a try... :Smile

You'll be surprized, but I DIDN'T HAVE to change the registry. It was already set to the correct path (...Program Files (x86)...)

I'll surely keep enjoying my OLED and I'll surely give you my feedback and keep an eye both on this forum and 'Google Code' project pages... Wink

This evening I tried using a different theme.  Smile

Actually, I did a 'mix' between the '3D' theme and the 'Round' theme.  ;D

I combined the 'background' icons of the 'Round' theme and the 'button' icons of the '3D' theme into one theme!  Wink

It's working great and so far I'm super-satisfied with my OLED unit!  ;D

I am glad to hear everything works okay now.

Further information on the OLED driver is now available at the

OmauraOLEDDisplay project site

(yeah, you already know that zachig Wink). If you need a driver, please download it there. If you have suggestions, bugs, remarks, please put them in the project Issue list. Thanks! Smile

Thanks for the update!!!

I'm glad to see that version 1.5.0.0 is already available online.

Heading off to d/l it right away... ;D

I'll keep you updated on how this new version performs... Wink