So here's my current setup:
- Main Living Room: HTPC Core i5
- Main Living Room: HP WHS2011
- Bedroom: HTPC Core i3
The Bedroom HTPC is only on when I'm in the room since I literally can't sleep if i can hear anything, plus it's just not used very often (maybe once every 2 weeks).
Both devices in the Main Living Room are on 24/7
Bedroom is adjacent to the living room FYI.
NOW THE QUESTION:
I'm planning on getting enough parts to build together a more powerful WHS2011 system and get rid of the MediaSmart. So now the big decision is...do i....
- Build the WHS2011 box and leave it be, using either an Intel Core i3 or Intel D525MW (if i use this then i'd need an additional PCI card to get more than 2 hard drives) and leave the setup from above basically the same.
- Build the "WHS" box instead using Windows 7 and put it in the Main Living Room, and then use something like the Veebeam to get the signal into the bedroom
- Same as 2, use Windows 7 but then just run cables (HDMI, USB) from the living room into the bedroom
The benefit of #2 and #3 of course would be one less system to manage. But the downside would be my "Server" would be also shared as an occasional-use HTPC.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I missing an obvious right solution here?