I tried to watch a DVD last night and for some reason, it is skipping slightly every 30-60 seconds. Its not the really-bad-everything-shuts-down-scratch-on-the-disk type skipping, it is just a little hiccup every now and then. Still its annoying, and I didn't watch the show.
I tried the following, all failed to fix the problem:
- turned the fans up to high even though my temps looked normal
- I reinstalled PureVideo, which I knew would not help because live TV played fine.
- I reinstalled my audio driver because the skipping is more noticeable via audio than video.
- I went into IDE properties and deselected PIO only, selected DMA if possible.
The only thing that I have done lately was to take everything apart and do some dusting and general housekeeping inside the case. Oh, and I also took out my DTA-150 HD tuner and put in a linksys 100mb NIC to attach my HDHR to directly, which I have not yet done. The HDHR is still going through my router.
Please help, I've been watching a lot of TV on DVD lately and cannot afford to loose DVD functionality for long.
Relevant Hardware List:
- Abit NF-M2 nView (6150 mobo)
- AMD X2 4200 EE
- Samsung PATA DVD-RW