Ceton InfiniTV4 $282 on eBay

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ceton InfiniTV4 $282 on eBay

Not sure if Ceton is losing sales to silicon dust or what.... but huge price drop.

http://cgi.ebay.com/120732892235 (No longer available)

News Explaining the New Ceton Promotion

UPDATED WITH LOWER PRICES FROM THE THREAD:

(As of 6/10/2011 6:30 AM Pacific)

Amazon: $299 Shipped

Newegg: $306 Shipped

Fluid Digital: $269 + Shipping using code "REPEAT"

CannonPC: $269 + Shipping using code "DISCOUNT"

Erwin Computers: $289 Shipped : Get $10 off your purchase of the InfinitiTV 4 when you use coupon code: mr10off

Aaron Ledger's picture

Now that is one hot deal!

Senior Editor | @swoon_

Aaron Ledger's picture

Hot enough to promote to the front page!

Senior Editor | @swoon_

Mike Garcen's picture

wow, that's nuts! 

Mike Garcen (shadymg) MissingRemote Editor-in-Chief Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP (formerly Media Center MVP) Twitter @mikegarcen MissingRemote on Facebook

Buy.com has them for $264.  http://www.buy.com/prod/ceton-infinitv-4/q/loc/111/221525094.html  The list price is $299 on there, so either they got confused on pricing or list price has dropped by $100. 

http://www.erwincomputers.com/ceton-infinitv-4-ceton-corp-5100-01-dct04in.html has them for $256, I've never heard of them but seem to have solid reviews on Google's ratings

So it looks like a big old price drop all around.  Nice find irev210.

captain_video's picture

That's what I get for not looking at the replies to the topic first.  I went ahead and bought the one on ebay and then saw I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere.  In any case, I just canceled my pre-order with Newegg for the SD HDHR Prime.  Even at the ebay price, it's still a great deal.  Thanks for posting the info. 

I figured Ceton had to drop their price once they started getting some competition.  They can probably afford to do it now that they've gotten the first few production runs sold.  I'd be curious to learn how many units they've sold to date.

Ceton hasn't dropped the price.  There are just some sellers that are selling below MSRP.  If you go to Amazon, you'll see Ceton is still selling for $399; Zones, Fluid Digital, and Cannon PC are still selling at their normal price as well.

captain_video's picture

They haven't dropped it officially yet, but I suspect they will.  If they don't, the original vendors won't be able to compete with the SD HDHR Prime's pricing.  The fact that the vendors listed in the above post can sell it for a much lower cost tells me the markup on this item is probably close to 100%, if not more.  I doubt that they'd be selling it at a loss just to generate sales.

Aaron Ledger's picture

oliverredfox wrote:

Buy.com has them for $264.  http://www.buy.com/prod/ceton-infinitv-4/q/loc/111/221525094.html  The list price is $299 on there, so either they got confused on pricing or list price has dropped by $100. 

http://www.erwincomputers.com/ceton-infinitv-4-ceton-corp-5100-01-dct04in.html has them for $256, I've never heard of them but seem to have solid reviews on Google's ratings

So it looks like a big old price drop all around.  Nice find irev210.

Wow, $256 shipped!!! This is exciting to see. We're going to have a lot more CableCARD users very soon.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

Awesome.  Pulled the trigger on (my second) Ceton card from Erwin Computer.  I was waiting for the HDHRPrime, but no more.  I'll place this Ceton in my WHS2011 box and it will serve my HTPCs for the garage and guest house.  I'll leave my original Ceton in my main HTPC for now until I'm sure the Ceton network sharing works well.

Mike Garcen's picture

gotta love competition!! I think it's great for the consumers. No more of this where the ATI Tuner is the only one around so they can charge $200 for a single tuner. Now a few years later and we can have a 4-tuner card for under $300!!! Exciting times for HTPCs!

Mike Garcen (shadymg) MissingRemote Editor-in-Chief Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP (formerly Media Center MVP) Twitter @mikegarcen MissingRemote on Facebook

Check out Amazon.com now:

http://www.amazon.com/Ceton-Infinitv4-Digital-Cable-Quad-tuner/dp/B003B4VLJQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1307233707&sr=1-1

$273.07 but it's sold by an associate company not Amazon directly. However it's on the main search page now.

John

SikSlayer's picture

I just cancelled my HD HomeRun Prime preorder on Newegg for the Buy.com deal. I can use that extra tuner for my laptop, and watch outside.

This is an excellent deal. Jump on it if you can.

captain_video wrote:

That's what I get for not looking at the replies to the topic first.  I went ahead and bought the one on ebay and then saw I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere. 

Hopefully the OP or Mike can edit the front page info to show the other locations to buy, so if anyone else doesn't read the replies they won't pay extra.

Mike Garcen's picture

oliverredfox wrote:

captain_video wrote:

That's what I get for not looking at the replies to the topic first.  I went ahead and bought the one on ebay and then saw I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere. 

Hopefully the OP or Mike can edit the front page info to show the other locations to buy, so if anyone else doesn't read the replies they won't pay extra.

Good call! Thread updated! I didn't want to change the OP's title, but made the lowest price in bold in the main thread.

Thanks for updating - good news for all.

This is great!  Glad Ceton isn't going to let Silicon Dust out-price them.

I really love my ceton tuner and can't recommend it enough.  The support is truly fantastic.  I accidentally broke my pigtail by pulling on it when trying to do some cable clean-up.  When I emailed them asking for the replacement cost they just sent one for free.

Anyway, buy buy buy!

Dont know if any one has noticed on Amazon its down to $265.16...getting cheaper...

Aaron Ledger's picture

For more official info regarding the new Ceton partners and promo, read the latest news.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

Two questions.

How simple is it to put it in WHS 2011 and share the tuners out via the network.

And will it run in a PCIe 16 slot?

mikinho's picture

PAPutzback wrote:

How simple is it to put it in WHS 2011 and share the tuners out via the network.

Very easy, Aaron goes over it in http://www.missingremote.com/guide/ceton-infinitv-network-tuner-wizard-access-infinitv-tuners-multiple-pcs#Installation on Host without WMC

I'm pretty sure I can help out if you do run into any issues Smile

One thing I would HIGHLY suggest is make sure you are up-to-date on your network card drivers from the manufacturer directly.  Do not use network card drivers from Windows Update unless you have no other option and even then I would highly consider a better network card if no drivers are available.

PAPutzback wrote:

Yes it can but there is a catch.  Depending on your motherboard manufacturer your x16 may be restricted to graphic cards.  This is more common on high-end boards designed for SLI or CrossFire.

Mikinho | Missing Remote | Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Aaron Ledger's picture

PAPutzback wrote:

Two questions.

And if you do have any troubles, just comment in the Guide that Michael linked and we can try to work through them.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

Aaron Ledger's picture

Updated Buy.com price which rose to $270 and Amazon Marketplace which rose to $273.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

I need to see what is going to happen with the MS IPTV on the 360 at E3 before I go down the cable card road. But I'll most likely be picking up a CETON or SD unit by the end of summer.

Aaron Ledger's picture

Updated: Amazon price up: $299 Shipped; Buy.com price down: $265 + $7 Shipping.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

So do you lose your warranty or anything if you order from one of the places that is not an "authorized dealer" such as Buy.com?

Mike Garcen's picture

i would be *shocked* if you receive anything but phenomenal support from either SiliconDust or CETON on their products from wherever you buy it, they both have pretty impressive reputations

Mike Garcen wrote:

i would be *shocked* if you receive anything but phenomenal support from either SiliconDust or CETON on their products from wherever you buy it, they both have pretty impressive reputations

I agree.  Back when SiliconDust was first hacking their drivers to trick Windows MCE into allowing QAM to work, their hands on approach was amazing.  I've rarely seen companies that are so willing to deal directly with customers and help anyway they could.  I remember many a dealings with Jafa over there, and they were always good.

Aaron Ledger's picture

Updated OP. Buy.com and Erwin Computers removed as product is no longer available through either. Newegg and SureNeeds added.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

Aaron Ledger's picture

Updated OP. No longer available on eBay. Pricing for other vendors listed is unchanged.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

Aaron Ledger's picture

OP Update: I just received an e-mail from Fluid Digital who are now offering the InfiniTV 4 for $269 + Shipping to customers who have previously purchased from Fluid Digital. Enter code REPEAT if it applies to you.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

Aaron Ledger's picture

OP Updated. SureNeeds is now dead. Added Sears Marketplace.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

Erwin Computers shows as product is now available again and in stock

for Sale Price:$278.95.

Digitalis Vision II  HTPC chassis, Windows 7 Ultimate, Asus ROG Rampage III Formula
Core I7 950 3.2 GHz  - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)
ASUS EAH6970DCII/2DI4S/2G Radeon HD 6970 DirectCU II Video Card - 2GB, GDDR5
SeaSonic G-750 SSR-750RM 750W ATX12V / 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
(1) SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB SATA III
Lite-On IHBS112-04 Blu-Ray Burner
(1) Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe - Quad-tuner Card
Microsoft MCE Remote, Microsoft MCE Remote Keyboard, Logitech Cordless MX Duo

Aaron Ledger's picture

OP update: Sears Marketplace removed, Erwin Computers added back and the new low price leader.

It looks like the sub-$275 pricing was certainly a mistake by a lot of these new retailers.

If anyone has ordered from Fluid Digital with the new promotion, please post your shipping charge.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

frijones's picture

The shipping on my original order was $24 so going off that, the shipped price should be around $293.

Aaron Ledger's picture

frijones wrote:

The shipping on my original order was $24 so going off that, the shipped price should be around $293.

I don't think we can assume the original shipping charges still apply. Currently, when ordering from Fluid Digital in the Amazon marketplace, shipping is $4.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

I'm glad I moved early on the Erwin deal at $256 shipped.

Hey Guys, I'm part of the sales team at ErwinComp.  Get $10 off your purchase of the InfinitiTV 4 when you use coupon code: mr10off. Enjoy...

captain_video's picture

I found this deal posted at slickdeals.net.  CannonPC is offering the InfiniTV4 for $269 when you use the code DISCOUNT at checkout.  The deal is supposed to be valid until 6/30/11.

Aaron Ledger's picture

Public Service Announcement: Ceton's $100 InfiniTV rebate promotion ends June 30th.

Senior Editor | @swoon_

For some reason all the websites are still reflecting the 299 price-point. I wonder if they extended it, are if they are going to make this a permanent price.

Login or register to post comments
Website design by Yammm Software