Contest #16 - Win a QNAP NMP-1000P Media Player
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING, THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED!!!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
ENTER TO WIN:
QNAP NMP-1000P Media Player
Continuing our MissingRemote.com re-launch contest, we have a really special prize for the special holiday weekend. Courtesy of our friends at QNAP, we have up for grabs the awesomely powerful QNAP NMP-1000P Media Player. Valued at over $400 this digital video player is mighty powerful as we just recently reviewed.
While the chassis and form factor has remained the same on the NMP-1000P as was on the NMP-1000, the heart of any media player--the chipset--has received a nice upgrade. Now powering the unit is a Sigma Designs SMP8643 chip, running at 667 Mhz. This is a pretty serious upgrade from the SMP8635 300Mhz chip that powers the NMP-1000. While I did not have any experience with the 1000, I can attest that the menu navigation of the 1000P was extremely responsive. I’ve tested a number of different extender-type media players and the menu speeds were as fast as I have seen. The only negative I could see to this switch was the omission of S-Video and S/PDIF Coaxial outputs from the rear of the unit--I couldn’’t see any reason why they would have removed these ports from the NMP-1000 other than the chipset not supporting them or too much extra work to add them, since the space on the backplate is identical to the NMP-1000P.
HOW TO ENTER
The easiest and ONLY ONE MANDATORY REQUIREMENT TO ENTER is to respond to this post with an answer to: What is your home theater new years resolution?
That's all that's required; respond with your answer and you'll be entered into the giveaway!
You are also able receive more than one chance to win, using Facebook and Twitter. The more entries you have, the greater your odds of winning!
- Twitter Users:
- Facebook Users:
- Visit our Facebook Fan Page and click the "Like MissingRemote" button at the top of the fan page (if you don't see it, that means you're already a fan!)
- And reply to the question on our Wall for this contest
- Don't forget your username!!!
- NEW: For EVEN MORE CHANCES TO WIN via Facebook, have your friends LIKE MissingRemote (hint: use the "Suggest to Friends" button on the left side), if they mention in a post on our wall the person who introduced MissingRemote to them, they automatically get entered and you receive a 2ND ENTRY!!
Good luck everyone
Entries will be accepted from 5:50PM PDT on Thursday, December 23, 2010 through 11:59PM PDT on Wednesday, December 29, 2010. Winner will be selected by January 6, 2011.
- This contest is unfortunately only available to US residents in one of the 50 states. Sorry to our international readers, but we are looking into expanding our prize packages in the future.
- You are only allowed to enter using each method once. Multiple entries will disqualify you.
- Must be a registered user to be eligible to win (remember, if you are entering additional entries when applicable via Twitter/Facebook you must mention your MissingRemote username in that entry)
- Editors and staff, and associated family of staff are not eligible to win
- Each prize may have its own rules for eligibility established by Product Sponsors, please read the directions carefully
- Users may reply to a thread as many times as desired, but only one post will be counted towards the drawing
- Winners will be notified via e-mail, as well as posted in a news post on the home page of MissingRemote.com; Failure to respond within 72 hours will result in a forfeit of prize and the prize will be re-drawn
- Most prizes will be shipped to winners via either USPS Priority Mail or Fedex Ground and tracking numbers will be provided. It is the recipient's responsibility to coordinate receipt of item.
- Some prizes will be shipped to winners directly from Product Sponsor--tracking will still be provided to those as well
- Prize packages are in excellent condition and have not been used outside of for review purposes and are delivered in AS-IS condition
- Any attempt to circumvent contest rules will cause ineligibility for user